14-MY NAME'S SHAYNE

Start from the beginning

"Careful there, Sam." I tensed as his Gatorade breath evaded my mind, together with that deep, alluring voice. "You might not want to get me angry." Then he leaned away, flashing me a quick smirk before looking forward, pretending to pay attention to Mrs Murphy who had been droning on and on about world war II. I somehow knew he wasn't listening. I had heard enough rumors to know Caleb never took his education seriously.

I, on the other hand, had to shake my head to clear those horrible feelings that had to do with Caleb's closeness and warning. I had soon forgotten he was a bully and practically owned this school. I glanced around the classroom. Luckily, most of them had now directed their attention to Mrs Murphy, though some still stole glances at Caleb and me. Probably because they didn't want to miss anything 'interesting'.

Dimwits!

***

I groaned for the upteenth time as we did the twenty first lap out of forty laps. I was currently in my P.E class in which I had no friends. Well, except if you could classify Natalie, Alex and Charlotte as my 'friends'. Emily had the same P.E period as Cecilia. And to top it all, we didn't have a P.E teacher, we had a murderer!

Okay, I know I'm exaggerating! But seriously, forty laps? I think I'm going to die! Literally!

"Lord help me!" I muttered as we counted twenty five. Fifteen more! I suddenly heard a chuckle beside me but as I turned to look at the person, someone pushed me from behind, making me land on all fours.

"Woah? Princess Prissy too weak?" Natalie's said in a French accent, which she displayed once in a while. Probably to remind us she spent most of her holidays in her mother's family home in Paris. How I know that? Rumors in this school were endless! I couldn't even imagine what people 'knew' about me.

I snorted as I got on my feet, ignoring her as well as the laughter of others as I continued my lap. Luckily there were still some other students behind me so I wasn't the only one who got Mr Grant's yell to move faster. I suddenly increased my tempo, determined to be among the first ten to finish the laps since there were extra points for such 'achievements', well of course while staying safely behind Natalie and her crew. It was obvious they loved being the center of attention.

"Gloria in excelsis!" I wailed in thanksgiving just as we finished the fortieth lap. I heard that same chuckle which I refused to not check out even as Natalie's snide remark about how whiny and irritating my voice sounded came into hearing. I looked over to see an extremely good looking guy! I had never seen him around before.

Where had he been hiding???!

His brown hair was a bit disheveled and the front hair was matted to his forehead by sweat but he still looked breathtaking. Geez!

I gazed into his ocean blue eyes and I felt myself trapped in them, like an unknown force kept drawing me in deeper and deeper into the secrets of the ocean.. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating! But his eyes were very unique and beautiful.

Then he smiled.

Then I fainted.

Literally.

"I think you should close your mouth. You really don't wanna catch a fly, do you?" Like that, he snapped me back to reality. But instead of getting angry, I blushed.

I seriously blushed!

Gosh what's happening to me?!