Chapter Twelve: Interruptions

Start from the beginning

Lorelai smirked and, surprising Lucifer, reached down and undid the top button of his shirt, letting it open so he could just see the tops of her breasts. That sensual glint was in her eyes and it was one of those rare moments that Lucifer could practically feel her inner freak reaching out to stroke his own. "Careful, love," he warned, "if you start that we might not be leaving this room." She shifted, her hair falling in front of her face slightly in that sexy way it did. She bit her lip, her words coming out breathy. "That be so bad?" Her words went straight to his groin and he had to exercise a lot of control to not reach over and grab her right then and there. He inhaled sharply, feeling a fire light his eyes and he worked to keep the red glow from them. He couldnt let her see that side of him, knowing she would run kicking and screaming away like so many others had.

Instead he shook his head, taking a long drink from his cup of coffee. "Im pretty sure we both have prior engagements today, love. Ones we cant get out of." His words seemed to deflate her slightly and he chuckled. "Later, though." He winked and she bit her lip. They finished the rest of their breakfast and afterwards Lucifer pulled her into his lap, her leaning her head back on his shoulder. "Thank you for breakfast," he murmured, kissing her temple. She smiled, looking up at him and that feeling returned. "Youre welcome, thank you for last night."

"My pleasure, darling." He grinned. "What are your plans today?" Lorelai sighed, going from flirty girlfriend to articulate student in the blink of an eye. "Well I have a few classes and a lunch shift, so Im pretty jammed."

"Well maybe we could-" the sounds of his cell phone ringing cut him off and he leaned down, holding Lorelai in place with his left arm while reaching for the phone with his right. He picked it up off the floor and looked at the screen. "Detective this isnt the best time right now," he rolled his eyes.

"Lucifer, we need you here right away." Chloe's voice came out gruff and urgent. This is what he deemed her "no nonsense" voice. He sighed, "is it necessary I come this minute?"

"Listen, I dont have time to try and persuade you to come do your job. You need to get down to Lux and-"

"Lux?" Lucifer interrupted her, his brows furrowing together. Lorelai shifted in his lap, looking up at him with curiosity and concern. His gaze locked with hers while Chloe spoke. "Yes, its one of your dancers. Shes been murdered outside." Lucifer felt a sliver of anger bloom up in him. He clutched the phone tighter and tried to focus on the green depths of Lorelai's eyes to calm down. "Ill be there shortly," he grunted, hanging up.

* * *

"Everything okay?" I asked. Lucifers whole demeanor had shifted once he answered the phone, that relaxed gentle man disappearing in an instant. "No," he sighed, "somethings come up. Im sorry, love but I need to go." I nodded, pushing my sinking heart to the side. "Of course, I understand." I got up off the bed, moving our breakfast dishes to the floor by my closet. Lucifer got up, grabbing his clothes and pulling them on. I reached for my pale blue silk robe hanging on the back of my door, tossing it onto the bed. Lucifer came over to me, tilting my chin up so our gazes could meet. "Im sorry, love, but Im going to need that shirt back."

I smirked, again surprising myself when I said, "so why dont you take it then?" His lips quirked and he reached out, slowly undoing the buttons and then pushing the shirt down my shoulders. He pulled the shirt back and I stood there completely naked, a sexy smirk on my face. I watched his eyes roam over me before meeting my gaze. "You really are a little vixen, arent you?" I shrugged a shoulder, biting my lip as I reached out and pulled my robe to me. I tied it around my waist and watched Lucifer's smoldering gaze slowly return to normal. He put his shirt on, buttoning it up quickly. "I hate to leave you like this but," he sighed pulling me into him, "duty calls." I giggled and leaned up to kiss him. I put my hands on either side of his face, lightly kissing his lips a few times. "Its alright, go. Solve some mysteries and you can make it up to me some other time," I grinned. He put me down, moving towards the door. I followed him and he turned back, caressing my face lightly before heading out without another word.