Chapter Seven

Veil of Midnight

True Blood Fanfiction

Singingfrogs

No copyright infringement intended

As Eric watched the stream of moonlight that was reflecting off the tiled mosaic flooring he had a reflection of his own; the world really needed to mind its own business. Sure people’s natural curiosities had led to outstanding and remarkable discoveries when it came to scientific elements and the concoction of Tru Blood; but deep within their hearts, they didn’t understand why camping outside a hotel to get a small glimpse of a human being could be considered a bad thing, especially when that person was a talented musician preparing to stay in a boardinghouse of her fans home city.

It aggravated him and confused him at the same time. Why would someone stand within the tight confines of humanity for the potential look at a celebrity who had no idea who you were and had other important reasons as to why they could be staying at a hotel? Eric was seriously considering Robyn’s offer to vacation on an island that was off the grid so no one could bother either of them. However, what really horrified him was the idea of people trampling to see her though Louisianan lakes and fields during the winter, making the local countryside into a swamp that attracted mosquitoes and the decaying carcasses that had been unable to survive during the wet winters. When Robyn told him about the fanatics that had compressed through the forests neighboring her home he had scarcely been able to believe it, no wonder she was considering moving into a more secure building.

 The seating area was suffering with incessant activity as Eric continued to observe the moonlight. The air was cool as the air conditioning propelled the stale air around the bodies of vampires and humans alike turning the air musky like a mans natural odor after a long workout. The natural underlining of human conversation reverberated over the swarming foyer of the Camellia making it hard for Eric to pick up on certain sounds and noises as he waited for Bill to rendezvous with him. 

 Nonetheless, he was abruptly pulled from his daydreaming when two vampires, built in a similar manner to the Viking, confidently collapsed into the large blood coloured leather air chairs that were positioned in front of him. As Eric's cobalt eyes studied the vampire’s recognition flared to the front of his mind, as he understood who the couple were that was sitting with him.

 “Well well, if it isn’t Mr Blondell and the delightful Mr Widen, what do I owe the pleasure?” Eric asked with a smile as he looked towards the two vampires. Rowan Blondell and Benjamin Widen had been two vampires Eric had come into contact with about a hundred years or so ago while he was teaching Pamela to control her thirst and unpredictable abilities she gained once her transformation had been completed. From what Eric could remember Pamela had taken quite the fancy to the two men who seemed to be at the Hotel Camellia at the right time.

“Eric, its good to see you after so long.” Rowan voiced his styled, wavy brown locks were immaculately fashioned in the way Eric could remember, his light grey eyes shining with excitement within the rays of moonlight which reminded the ancient Viking of Robyn and her mesmerizing eyes when she spoke of her pack and her midnight wolf runs.

 “It seems even an older vampire can still find things to keep him away from old friends.” Benjamin retorted with a humorous smile, his shaved blonde hair making his rather round facial features more pronounced as he looked more military than vampire.

 “I am far from bored gentlemen.” Eric resounded, moving his hands so his wrists were resting on the armrests, his hands hanging over the edge as he conversed with the men who were comfortably sprawled into the chairs.