Chapter Three

Veil of Midnight

True Blood Fanfiction

By Singingfrogs

No copyright infringement intended

The early morning light was barely able to penetrate the large canopy of trees that over hung her home. Leaves were falling from their perches, the shadowy silhouettes spiraling on her pale blue wall as the bare plants symbolized the coming of winter. She could see the walls were lined with elegant pictures of her pack in wolf form, an authentic tapestry of two trees encasing the moon hung elegantly on her far wall positioned by her hand crafted chair made by her Grandfather.

Robyn could only just make out the heavy indistinct shadows of her bedroom. The curtains flickering against the gentle breeze that was flowing through the open window and the elegant melodies of the dawn chorus of hundreds of birds reverberated around her small bedroom.

However, Robyn placed her arm to her stomach, adjusting the quilt that laid over her body, rejoicing in the comforting feeling of Eric’s arm that was draped over her stomach, his large palm resting on her hip. She was trying to remain as still as possible, her chest rising and falling at Eric lovingly rested his head on her chest, eyes firmly closed as Robyn absentmindedly stroked at the smooth skin of her lovers back.

“It is nearly sunrise.” Eric breathed with a small nod of his head. Robyn gave Eric a small gentle smile as she trailed her fingers lightly up Eric’s spine.

“Don’t even think about moving.” Robyn smiled as she played with the end of Eric’s hair, twizzling his blonde locks between her fingers. She felt Eric smile against her stomach, refusing to move from her position as Eric shuffled deeper into the mattress. Robyn felt Eric’s cold palm resting against her side, her vampire going still as if something was on his mind. The young werewolf couldn’t help the frown that engulfed her features as she tried to look down at Eric’s expression and determine the variety of different deep emotions he was displaying. “You still there?”

“I’m just thinking about how I don’t want this moment to end.” Eric whispered as he fluttered his eyes closed. He was still clinging onto Robyn, his ear intently listening to Robyn’s heartbeat as he spoke. “To ignore everything that is going on around us, to be just you and I.” Eric finished, again with another warm smile as he momentarily lifted his head to kiss her clavicle before resting his head on her shoulder.

“I feel the same.” Robyn replied gently, her eyes full of nothing but the love she felt for him, her fingers tracing nonsensical patterns on the cool skin of Eric’s back. Yet, Eric still managed to pull her from her daydreaming when she felt her vampire readjust his position to rest his head against the memory foam pillow that was located on his side of the bed. Robyn mirrored his movements, snuggling further into the duvet, consciously aware of how Eric’s bare legs felt against hers; her face mere inches from his. She had curled her hands around each other, resting them in front of her as Eric curled his own around hers.

“Explain this imprint to me.” Eric questioned, hugging her hands closer to his bare chest as Robyn shimmied towards him, relaxing into his familiar scent; the ancient Viking placing a delicate kiss to the soft skin on the back of her hands.

“My father explained it to me when I was only a little girl.” Robyn voiced with a small smile, her eyes glazed over as if a fond memory over took her mind. Eric watched as Robyn shook herself from her thoughts before slowly turning her lustrous grey eyes towards his teal blue ones “It’s not like love at first sight, it’s more like gravity moves suddenly. Its not the earth holding you here anymore, he does. You becoming whatever he needs you to be, whether that’s a protector, or a lover or a friend.” Robyn explained, feeling the cool morning air flowing over the three large scratches that dominated the left side of her back.