Chapter 20

Chester's POV

I'm in the car with Frank, not even five minutes and I already wanna kill him. He had the nerve to tell me, as soon as I sat down in the car that Mike was all wrong for me. I asked him well have you actually met Mike have you talked to him? He's all like no but what your mother says sounds good to me. What the hell was my mother saying to him? Mike is not a bad kid, he's the kind of person that's wouldn't scream if he was on fire, well I assumed.

"What the hell has my mother said about Mike?" I ask.

"Well okay first of all drop the foul language young mister, and second she's told me lots like about him being in a coma for two months because he got drunk, and how he tried to take advantage of you and-"

"Wait wait wait hold up Mike never tried to take advantage of me!"

"Well that's not what your mother said."

"Well that bitch is a lair, and I don't care what she  says or thinks! And I don't give a damn what you think or say either because it's all bullshit! Mike is not a juvenile delinquent like how my mother say he is! Yes he was in a coma for two months, but you know what because of that he gave up the life of drinking and partying! And he's even been trying to quit smoking because he loves me!"

"Pfft you are so blind Chester boy. Physical and mentally. How in the hell do you expect someone like Mike to love a kid who can't fucking see? Look I don't think someone want to date a boy who needs constant care is the bottom line."

"Shut up! You don't know Mike, he's been my best friend since I six, and he's stuck with me even when I became blind. He's never left my side, he's always been there when I needed him! And I don't need constant care, I can take care of myself pretty well thank you very much!"

God I wanted to drop kick this clown bag so damn hard right now. What the hell was wrong with him? I just wish him and my mom would stop telling me to not date Mike, and making me feel like shit for sticking by him. We finally get to school and I could not be happier to leave.

"I'll see you after school Chester. Don't forget you have that dinner tonight."

I don't answer him and just walk inside, hoping to see Mike. I just really needed him right now.

"Hey Chazzy." Brad greets me.

"Hey, have you seen Mike?"

"He's sick."

"Damn it. I need to talk to him."

"What about?"

"My moms boyfriend he's so stupid. Him and my mom hate that I'm gay and keep telling me that I shouldn't date Mike being he's a "bad boy."

Brad snickers.

"What's so funny?"

"Sorry I'm not laughing at your problem, it's just Mike as a bad boy is hilarious. Like picture him with tats, and leather jacket."

"Brad don't be a child." Rob said suddenly joining the conversation.

"God how long have you been there?" I ask.

"Ever since you got here, and if it's any help I could pull some string and see if you can live with me."

"But you're going off to college soon aren't you? I can't live with you in your dorm."

"Oh you're right."

"Tell social services." Brad suggested.

"No than I'll have to go to foster care and I might have to move away from you guys and Mike."

"Well let's call Mike and ask him what to do." Brad said.

"He's sick you dope." Rob said.

"We'll only talk to him for a little bit."

Brad dial Mikes number and puts it on speak so we can all talk to him. The phone rings three times and Mike still hasn't picked up. I didn't really have hope of him picking up as he was probably sleeping.

"*cough cough cough cough cough* Hell-Hello?" Mike said, he sounded really tired and weak. I felt bad for walking him.

"Hey Mikey, how you feeling?" Brad asks.

"Terrible. What did you call?"

"Um sorry Mike we didn't mean to disrupt you, we're I mean I'm having a problem. But we can deal with it later." I said feeling bad we made him answer the phone.

"What's going on Chazzy? *cough cough cough cough*"

"It's nothing, you should get some rest Mike."

"I'll be o- *cough cough cough cough cough* I'll be okay buddy. Talk to me."

"Well um alright so you remember my moms boyfriend Frank?"

Mike coughs horrible before answering with a yes.

"So my mom is brainwashing him into thinking you're a bad kid and they don't want me around you anymore. They won't even let you drive me to school anymore, and Frank makes me feel bad for choosing a boy to date, instead of a girl."

"First of all don't listen to what that douche Frank has to say, because he's an idiot. Second there is nothing *horrible cough* sorry, Look there's nothing wrong with us Chazzy, and anyone who tells you or makes you feel bad about us is wrong. I love you so much, and nothing anyone says or does will change that, and when I get better I'll break Franks legs. That douche has stuff he wants to say about me come say it to me directly."

I smiles, and chuckle to myself.

"Thanks Mike. I love you too. I should probably let you go, I got school, and you should get some rest. Maybe Brad, Rob, and I can come visit you during lunch time."

"I'm really sick Chazzy, I don't wanna get you guys sick."

"Awww okay, I love you."

"I love you too. Good lucky tonight with the dinner thing."

Brad hangs up the phone, and I smile to myself , Mike was the best thing to happen to me, and he was the reason I kept going. I always wonder why, and how he was able to be so strong? How he didn't let people get him down? It just made me have confidence, and I liked that feeling.

"Alright Chazzy Brad and I are gonna head off to class. We'll see you at lunch already." Rob said.

"Okay thanks guys, you guys are my best friends next to Mike."

"Glad we could be of service." Brad said, before him and Rob take off to their first hour.

A/n: yeet yeet What is up my reader, I hope you enjoyed this chapter I feel like we all what to take turns kicking Frank in the shins, but Mike gets to first. If you all enjoyed vote and feedback is always appreciated. Have a good rest of your day or night 😁😁😁