Chapter 8

Chester's POV

I was laying peacefully in my bed sleeping until I heard panicked, loud knocking on the front door. I don't move though I was too tired.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"CHESTER!? CHESTER!?"A voice sounding like Robs shouts.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"CHESTER!?"

"Chester dear I think one of your friends is here? I don't know what they're doing here at 3:00 in the morning, but can you go handle it?" My mother asks.

I groans and get out of bed, she hands m my glasses and my cane and I go down there only wearing pajama pants.

"CHESTER OPEN THE DOOR ITS AN EMERGENCY!" Rob yells.

"I'm coming, keep your pants on. I am blind you know."

I finally get to the door and open it.

"Chester.... Chester, Oh thank God." Rob pulls me into a hug.

I was confused. Why was Rob at my house in 3:00 in the morning hugging me?

"It's nice to see you too Rob. What are you doing at my house at 3:00 in the morning?"

"Mikes in trouble."

"My Mike like our friend Mike Shinoda is in trouble? What happened did he go missing, was he kidnapped, killed? What?"

"He's at the hospital right now, him and his friends were in a bad accident. His mom was trying to get a hold of you, but you won't pick up the phone."

"Bad accident?"

"Um yeah. I didn't hear much, but apparently Mike was drunk and so were some of the other guys, and Mike tried to drive, but obviously it's hard to drive when you're drunk, so he panicked and he crashed the car into an on coming trunk.Um he's sorta okay, so far only three people died, Gerard, Bert and Andrew."

I didn't know what to say, and I didn't know what to feel. Mike lied to me, and because of that he's now in the hospital. Maybe I was the one to blame for all this, I mean I ask him to basically drop his friends, like I was his mother. But still that doesn't excuse him from doing this.

"Chazzy, I was gonna go back if you wanted to come visit him."

I nod.

"Yeah Yeah sure."

———-

Rob drives me to the hospital to see Mike. I still was unsure of how to feel. I wasn't pissed, but yet I wasn't pissed, and I felt scared, but a little voice in the back of my mind told me that everything was gonna be okay.

Rob and I walk to Mikes room, I can hear the sound of a woman crying, most likely Mikes mom.

"Hi Mrs. Shinoda. I brought Chester." Rob says making our presents be known.

"Oh good." She said walking over and hugging me.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I know Mike is your best friend. This must be so hard for you." She adds.

I nod.

"Um Mrs. Shinoda have you heard anything else about Mike, like if he's gonna be okay?" I ask.

"I really don't know sweetie. The doctors said he might go into a comma. He could either be in coma for a couple of years or so, or they might lose him. But the doctors want us to talk to him even though he won't respond back."

That part hit me hard. Mike dying, my best friend. I couldn't face a life without Mike, and he could be in a coma? This wasn't happening this was all a dream I swear I'll wake up an minute now and Mike will be okay. Any minute now ...... any minute now.

"Chester dear, would you like to say anything to Mike?" His mother asks me.

Fuck this was real.

"Um yeah sure."

Mikes mom takes my hand and leads me to Mike. She puts his hand in my hand. It almost felt like I wasn't holding his hand at all. It felt so cold, different, so foreign.

"Hi Mikey. Um I really don't know what to say here." I began starting to tear up.

"Look I just want you to know Mike. You're my best *sniffle* my best *sniffle* friend. I'm gonna stay with you no matter what happens. Just like how you were there for me when we were kids. But Mikey I want you to wake up okay, I want everything to be okay." I said starting to break into tears, I started remembering how Mike made me feel when I was in the hospital, when I was first blind.

Flashback
(Mikey is 5 and Chester is 6)

I was laying in the hospital bed, my mom talking to a nurse about how to care for me now with me being blind. Mike was at school, and it sucked I couldn't see what time it was, so I couldn't tell when school was gonna be done.

Suddenly though I hear a pair of feet. They sounded like excited feet. Maybe it was Mike? I wait a little bit and then hear him excitedly giggle and run up to me. Wrapping his arms around me.

"Hi Chazzy I missed you." He said while still holding on to me.

"I missed you too. It's boring here wif out you."

"Is your vision better today? Can you see me?" Mike asks.

"No, I think they said I'll be blind foREVer."

"You can't use your eyes anymore? How are you gonna be able to watch carmoons wif me? Like thumder cats?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't worry Chester. I'll still love you no matter what. You're my best friend."

Back to the present

I smile through my tears, but start crying harder. I didn't wanna lose my best friend. I need him, he's the only person who's made me feel comfortable being blind. While besides my mom, but she's not dying.

A/n: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the tears you may have, but it will be okay I promise or will it *insert evil laugh* but um yeah if you enjoyed please vote a comment.