Chapter 3

Chapter 3

John's POV

The next day at school went about as normal except I found myself searching for Riley. Whenever I caught myself doing it, I kept telling myself, 'no, you don't like her like that!' The weirder thing was that I didn't see her at all today, not even in band which kind if worried me as she wasn't the kind of person just to go and ditch school. I saw her brother, Evan, but didn't talk to him because I knew he would ask why I wanted to know. After the band's after school practice that day, I saw a motorcycle pull up so I decided to go and ask why she wasn't here today.

"Hey Riley, how are you?"

"Sick," she replied with a sniffle.

"Really? You didn't seem that sick yesterday."

"Well I got sick last night, I'd give you the details but I'm sure you don't want to hear them as they are pretty nasty," I winced at the thought. "Anyways, both my parents had to run out and do something so they asked me to pick up Evan for them. He hates riding with me though."

"Really? Why?"

"Because I'm a girl and to him girls shouldn't be riding motorcycles unless they turn out to be strippers or are posing half naked for some SI cover or calendar," she said quite annoyed. "Here comes the idiot now, I'll see you later John. Hopefully I'll be back in school tomorrow, bye," she said giving her brother a helmet and he gave her his things in return to put into the smallish trunk. After that, I watched them ride away, her brother not holding onto her for balance at all.

~~Later that Day~~

Riley's POV

When I got home with my brother, I felt worse than when i went to pick him up so I told him to get off and do his homework while i sat in the bathroom by the toilet in case i got sick again. I knew I would have to make up a lot of schoolwork but it was better than getting sick in all of my classes.

"Hey Riley, are you ok in there?" Evan asked me.

"Considering I'm about to get sick in the bathroom, not really," I replied.

"Well do you want me to get you anything?"

"No, just stay up here in case I need help," I said just as I got sick again. I sighed, this was the third time in two days. Maybe I should see the doctor.

"Riley?" Evan said coming to the bathroom door and knocking. I flushed everything away. "Riley? Are you ok? Do you want me to call mom or dad?"

"Go ahead and call dad and tell him I got sick again but I'm ok, just cold and sweaty."

"Nevermind, dad's garage door just opened, he'll be here soon, ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya," I said sarcastically.

"Riley? Riley?! Where are you??" my dad called out.

"I'm in the bathroom!" I shouted back. With that my dad knocked and I said he could come in.

"Are you ok? Did you get sick again?"

"I'm really cold and just puked my guts out again and i'm really sweaty as well, I want to go to sleep. I want to be well," I said to him.

"Well ok Riley. Can you get up? I'd like it if you laid down on the couch with a trashcan next to you just in case," my dad told me. It was times like these when my dad was an ok person, most of the time, he was a straight off pain in the arse but I was too sick to care right now. As I got up, I felt a wave of nausea hit me again and my dad held a trashcan while i held my stomach. "It's ok Riley, just across the room and you can lay down on the couch. There you go, would you like me to cover you?"