Nineteen

"We're about halfway done with the process," Dr. Paige walked out of the room, "and I need to go over the possible outcomes of what could happen. One thing that could happen is that Newt wakes up with no memory whatsoever. Then we would have to take him to a facility where they would recreate him. Another thing that could happen is that he has slight amnesia but will eventually, after a couple hour nap, revive his memories like nothing ever happened. Or he could wake up and be perfectly fine. There's no way of knowing which path will take him until he wakes up. Do you have any questions?"

"What if his memory is completely erased?" Thomas asked. "Would you tell him anything about himself or would it all just be lies?"

"I'm not honestly sure," she admitted. "I guess it just depends on if his family decides to tell the people at the facility about himself."

"Oh," Thomas sighed. With that, Dr. Paige went back into the room. Thomas told his mother that he'd be back and he went to the reception desk. "Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil or pen?" he asked the woman there. She nodded and pulled a piece of paper from a drawer and a pen from a cup. Thomas thanked her and went back to where he was originally and began to write.

He got done as soon as Dr. Paige walked out again. "Okay," she said, "it's complete. Now we just have to wait for him to wake up in an hour or so. Until then, you aren't allowed in there."

"Um, Dr. Paige," Thomas called after her as she was walking away, "will you put this note somewhere so that Newt can find it when he wakes up." She nodded and took the letter. Thomas smiled and sat back down.