16 - What?!

6 months later

Cartier Boutique, Rodeo Drive, LA

Mr. Lee POV:

I started to clean display cases one more time. I am obsessed with tidiness. I am working at this boutique for ages and I love my job. Do you know why? Because it is not stereotyped at all. There are so many stories which beginning in here and some, which ended here. I have seen love, happiness, emotions and also cheating, crying and grief. I just love my job.

Doors clacked.

"Good afternoon Mr. Grassi it is so nice to see you again!"

"Good afternoon Lee. How are you?"

"Oh! Great as always, thank you for asking and you?"

"It can't be better Lee, believe me."

"May I tell you, that you look stunning today?"

"Thank you..."

He is so cute, when he is blushing and so humble. He treats me like a human being and expert, even when he is an LA VIP.

"You didn't come for compliments I presume. What can I do for you, Mr. Grassi?"

His cheeks turned to strawberry red. Interesting...

"Umm. I... I am looking for an engagement ring."

My jaw dropped. That was the first time in ages, when my behavior wasn't fully professional. "Congratulations Mr. Grassi. I am sure Mr. Hoying will be surprised. I wish you all the best, you both are one of the most precious clients I have ever met. I will help you with pleasure. Do you have any idea?"

"Something simple, but unique."

I have shown him several collections, but he wasn't fully sure. Then I suddenly know what he needs to see. "I have one ring, which is really different. Very simple, but I have a feeling, that you might find it original."

I carefully took the ring from the display, gently polished it and held it to his hand.

His eyes had widened

"As you can see, the point is, that if you will be willing to provide your fingerprint, it will be engraved to the surface of the ring. Mr. Hoying will have your finger literally with him every time. How do you like it?"

"I love it! This is it! This is the one! That is just perfect. It is so similar to our matching tattoos. I mean the story behind it. Well - let's get this fingerprint done as soon as possible..."

I was so excited, that I found the right one.

"Lee?"

I dared to look into his eyes. "Yes, Mr. Grassi?"