Big mistake

I have been here all of twenty minutes and already Billy has ditched me to lap dance on Zak and as I was looking around my mouth was hanging open at the huge differences between gay men. I didn’t mean to gape like that but Eli came to my rescue just before the huge bear could get to me.

So I tried to stop staring at the bears in leather, the camp dudes with feather boas and especially the hot men in tight jeans and t-shirts that showed every contour of their bodies. I just focused on Eli and Max and danced along to the music, unable to drink and completely horny but slightly more content than I imagined I would be.

I knew a lot of people thought I was in love with Billy or Zak but I also knew that Billy knew otherwise. He was the only one apart from Calvin that I talked to about how I feel, I am confused and for the first time my cocky attitude isn’t getting me what I want.

Girls are so much easier to attract, give them a cheeky smile and stare at them for five minutes and they saunter over and ask you to buy them a drink. I have been dancing with Max and Eli now for an hour, I have stared, smiled and blushed and not one person has approached me.

Maybe they were waiting for me to approach them but Christ I am not ready for that yet, I am not even sure what the hell I am doing so rejection would not go down well at this moment in time. I am not ashamed of my sexuality, not in the slightest if anything I annoy Calvin by constantly reminding him I get the best of both world. He always scoffs at that and just tells me I am being greedy but I know he is just joking around he isn’t bothered about my preferences either.

I am young, nineteen and I have my parent’s mantra in the back of my head telling me that there’s plenty of time for everything to happen. I don’t want to wait, I want what Billy has with Zak or Max and Eli’s close relationship, I want it all. At first I thought I wanted that with my girlfriend Britney but she was too clean cut for me and even her name began to irritate me- nice right?

When I had watched the way the guys were with each other I found myself pulling away from her and eventually she had enough and moved back to Minnesota. I wasn’t bothered and that annoyed Calvin a lot so that’s when I had come clean about my sexuality.

I expected him to be pissed but he didn’t care he was just glad I hadn’t led Britney on any longer. I wasn’t sure why I didn’t want it all with her, I wasn’t sure why after all the years of fancying guys at high school and never acting on it, that I wanted it all now.

But I did and I had a feeling that wasn’t going to change anytime soon, I looked over to Zak in his wheelchair and Billy sitting in his lap. The look on their faces told me they couldn’t see anyone else in the room right now, it was just the pair of them stupidly wheeling themselves in circles as if they were dancing.

“Jealousy doesn’t suit you Andrew.” Eli said in my ear.

“I am not jealous…and don’t call me Andrew you sound like my dad.” I grumbled

“And you sound like a spoilt brat just go and talk to someone…that guy over there has been looking at you for the past thirty minutes but you’re too focused on Billy.” He yelled over the music.