12 - Nobody Wants That

You stood next to Betty, a red cup of soft drink in your hand, listening to the music. You watch as Peter and Ned walk in, feeling your face light up, why did Peter do this to you? You watch Liz talk to them, inviting them in and showing them to a refreshments table. A crash comes from another room, and Liz dashes off. You decided to stop starring and go talk to them. 

"... I'm just gonna be myself." You hear Peter say. 

"Peter, nobody wants that." Ned says sharply, clearly you had missed the point of the conversation. 

"I don't know Ned," you say, butting into the conversation, "I can think of a few people who would want that." 

You give Peter a wink. He chuckles in response. 'Oh god,' you think to yourself, 'that was so lame.'

"Sorry," you say, seeing Ned's awkward expression, "that was a lame joke." 

"It's okay." Peter says laughing. 

"I was gonna go outside, and hang by the pool, do you guys wanna join?" You ask, trying to move past your terrible attempts at flirting. 

'Hang' your think to yourself, 'did you really just ask him to hang?'

"Sounds good." Peter says, walking to the door, you notice that Ned isn't following. 

"Ned are you coming?" You ask. 

"No thanks," he says, pointing to the snack table, where Michelle was eating a slice of toast, "I'm gonna go over there and talk to Michelle." 

"Okay then." You say, turning around. 

In the corner of your eye you see Ned giving Peter the thumbs up. 

AN//: I wonder what will happen next?

The Boy Down the Hall - A Peter Parker Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें