6 - Making Friends

Next you had science, you walked into the class room, finding a seat at the back. 

You notice Liz walking toward you, "hey y/n" she said, taking the seat next to you. 

You hadn't noticed before how tall she was, making you feel self conscious about you height again. You brush it off, you weren't going to let something that happened in your old school stop you from making friends in your new one.

 "Have you got a date to homecoming yet?" Liz asked you.

You looked at her surprised "a date? To homecoming? I only just started today?" 

Liz laughed, "but your extremely pretty, I wouldn't be surprised if you did." 

You smiled at her, unsure what to say about the compliment.

 "No I don't have a date yet" you clarify, "do you?" 

"No," she says, "I'm on the homecoming committee, so I've been spending all my time organizing the event I haven't organized myself." 

You laugh, enjoying how easy it was to make friends here. 

"Speaking of the homecoming committee, would you like to join? We're always looking for more people." 

You think about Liz's offer for a second, remembering you promised your mum you would be more involved in school activities.

 "Okay" you say, before you can come up with a reason to talk yourself out of it.

 "Great" Liz says beaming, "during lunch we're hanging up banners." 

You smile at Liz's enthusiasm, what better way to make some new friends then to join some clubs and committees? Right?

When the lunch bell rang you followed Liz down the halls into the gymnasium, were there was an array of posters and banners laying on the floor. 

"Hey Liz" called a short blond girl,

 "hey Betty" Liz called in reply. 

The girl - Betty - came over, "this is y/n" Liz said, introducing you. 

"It's nice to meet you" you say. 

The teacher in charge of the homecoming committee calls all the students over, seeming unaware of you. He assigns people posters and tells them where to put them up. You, Liz and Betty are assigned the largest poster. The three of you go to the storeroom, grabbing a step ladder, before walking the banner to the cafeteria, careful not to rip it.