She laid her head on my shoulder, "After they had their fun, Caine came back inside the basement. He yelled at them, I don't remember what it was about. I just know he yelled so long. His face was twisted in rage. He was really angry. Then they disappeared upstairs, I called you that's why I was panicking. After I called you, they returned. That's the last thing I remember before I saw you," She finished, her voice was so quiet.

I stroked her hair slowly, "I'm here for you okay? Whenever you need me, I want to say sorry that you went through that. But it won't change anything, but they are gonna get what's coming to them." I promised her, she doesn't say anything. She didn't need to, I understood her silence.

It's been 1 full week since everything that happened. I haven't seen much of Caine, only at dinner and at school. I was so thankful for that, if I had him alone. I couldn't decide if I wanted to kill him or cower in fear. I  tried to muster up enough courage to go to the police, but I was so afraid because I had no real proof of his crimes. Plus his threats were deep within the back of my mind. Sometimes when I caught his eye, he'd give me a cruel smile that was filled with a dark promise, it haunted me.

He knew what he was doing to me, he loved every second of it. My face still ached from his punches, but the swelling and bruising went down for the most part thank God. I was so afraid to tell my mother about what happened. What she does believe me? What about Caine? I didn't want Caine to hurt me. I see now he's capable of anything.

Alyssa, she's not doing fine at all. After everything that happened to her, I'd be the same way if it happened to me. She doesn't want to be social anymore or talk to me when I visit. She's hasn't been to school because of her injuries and bruises. No one can't touch her without her flinching.

It saddened me so much to see her this way. I hated Caine for doing this, I hated him so much. I will make him suffer one way or another....my thoughts are cut off the bell rings above me.

I hate this class, my teacher was so boring and I had no interest in the subject. I trudged out the classroom door, I adjusted my messenger bag on my shoulder. I headed to my locker to grab my books.

"Hey stranger, " I heard from behind me, a smile stretches across my face. I closed my locker, then turned around. There stands Luke, a close friend of mine.

I've forgotten about him since he's been out of town, because a relative passed away. We've been friends since last year when we was paired up in a for a home economics project. Luke is the only other friend that I have, I love him to death. No matter how popular he is, he's still such a major sweetheart. I can appreciate that he doesn't let his popularity or looks get to his head. As long as I've known him, he has always been the golden boy of our grade.

I stepped closer to him, throwing my arms around his neck. "Oh my god! I missed you, Luke! " I exclaimed into his shoulder, his cologne drifted to my nose and all I wanted was to stay in his position, in the comfort of his arms.

He returned the hug, his arms circled around my waist. "Same goes for you Bryce, " He laughed, his voice muffled by my hair.

I melted in his embrace until he released me. He surveyed my face with his wide eyes. "You've grown up while I've been away." He exclaimed as he cupped my cheek in his palm. I stared at him under my lashes, butterflies swarmed my stomach.

A blush crept up my face as I swatted his hand away. "Oh shut up, you're so dramatic. You've only been gone for 3 weeks, I look the exact same."

He hitched the strap of his book bag over his shoulder, pouting slightly. "3 weeks is a long time to go without seeing you."

I ruffled his brown hair, causing a few strands to stick up messily. "You'll live." I teased, my eyes twinkling.