Chapter 22: Tension

Start from the beginning

"That-"

"Language." I pull out my phone, "I got this."

I press her contact and press my phone against my ear. Seconds later Elaine picked up, "Hey, Aoi. Wassup?"

"Nothing much." I wince and cough out, "Look can you come to these coordinates with Arlo? It's better if you see, what's going on."

"Yeah sure." she replied.

"Cool." I hanged up and sent her the address we're in.

"Why Arlo?" John tilt his head.

"... Something tells me, we're going to need him later."

"Hmph. Sure." John roll his eyes.

Thirty minutes have past, John was looking at the door with impatience, "When are they going to come?!"

"John. Be patient." I look at Sera who was peacefully resting, except the fact that she's clutching her wound.

"What do you mean 'Be patient'. She's bleeding on the ground!" He glared.

"I understand that." I clutch the wound on my waist as I continue to heal myself, "But time will go longer if you're impatient."

John didn't really liked my remark as he glared at me with dark gold glowing eyes.

I returned the favor with a low glow from my eyes.

The tension immediately broke as we heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." John walk towards the door and open.

"What?! You again." I heard Elaine shouted at him, "What are you doing here?"

"B*tch, I live here." John deadass told her.

"Language!" I called out.

"Oh shut up will ya!" John glared behind him, before staring back at her, "Look, just come in."

"Like I would-"

"NOW!!!" John glared at her.

"Eep!" Elaine hid behind Arlo.

Arlo sweated a bit before entering with her. What they see, was something they didn't want to even look at.

"Aoi?!" Elaine ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"Gah! Ow... Watch the wound." I wince.

"Seraphina?" Arlo look at her, shocked.

"S-Seraphina!" Elaine let go of me and rush to her, "Wake up! How did you end up like this?"

She look at her beaten body in horror before glaring at John, "J-John... You creep! W-What the heck did you do?! How DARE you hurt her?! What did she do to deserve this??"

John just simply look at her with a deathly stare.

'Oh no...' Knowing what might happen next.

"You better explain, now-!"

John straight up decked her directly in the cheek, "WILL YOU SHUT THE F*CK UP!"

"JOHN!" I look at him wide-eyed.

He didn't take notice of me, "I didn't call you here to listen to your worthless rambling!" He stood over her, "HURRY UP AND HEAL HER!"

I was in no condition to intervene. Without Elaine looking as she was more focus on healing and not getting hit. I did my best to heal the final touches of my wound.