XII

"Meihua?"

Zhengting noticed Xukun and the girl looking at each other.

"It's good to see you," she said, walking up to Xukun and hugging him tightly.

"Y-You too," he replied, uncomfortably hugging her back.

When the girl let go, she looked back at Zhengting.

"Oh, who's this?" She asked.

Xukun smiled. "This is Zhengting. He's my boyfriend."

Zhengting nodded, saying a shy "hi" to the girl.

"Zhengting, this is my ex, Meihua."

Meihua smirked at Zhengting. "Nice to meet you."

She turned back to Xukun. "I'm getting my third piercing today. Mind if I cut you?"

Xukun didn't complain, and let her pass them.

An older lady walked up to Xukun. "My goodness, is that you, Xukun?" She asked.

"Haha, it's good to see you again."

"Of course," she said. At this point, Zhengting assumed that was Meihua's mother. "My husband got his job here back, so we've moved back. That means Meihua will be going back to your school."

Xukun nodded, looking back at Zhengting, who seemed very uncomfortable.

"Who's this?" Meihua's mom asked.

"This is Zhengting," Xukun said. "He's... My-"

"Ah!" The elderly exclaimed. "You even have matching hair colors. Wow. You must be really great friends."

Xukun and Zhengting were both about to interrupt when Meihua walked back up to the group.

She placed her arm around Xukun. "Of course," she cockily said. "Best friends."

Xukun looked alarmed. He wasn't bothered by Meihua. He knew was she was up to. But it was Zhengting he was worried about.

Because Zhengting didn't know how to handle this properly. He ended up lying.

"Um, I don't feel really good. I'll be back."

He slowly walked to the bathroom, pretending to feel sick. Well, the jealousy was making him sick.

He walked into the bathroom and locked himself in a stall. Not a lot of people were in here, because most people went to the one near the food court.

He kneeled down near the toliet, tears forming in his eyes. Zhengting didn't even know how to feel anymore.

There were so many people who Xukun loved before. Loved longer, loved better. Who even was Zhengting to him?

The only reason Zhengting was with him was because he was the first. Xukun was his first kiss. He was the first person he ever got drink with. He was the first person to... Give him hickeys? He was the first person he ever dated... Apparently.

Yet Xukun couldn't say the same at all.

Was it even right?

Footsteps began walking into the bathroom.

"Zhengting?" Xukun's voice rang.

The boy ignored him, hoping he wouldn't check under the stalls for his feet.

But he did.

"Zhengting, let me in."

Silence.

Xukun, desperate enough, walked into the stall next to his. He stood on the toliet and peered over, looking at Zhengting.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying," Zhengting lied, hiding his red, tear-stained face.

"You realize I hate Meihua, right?" Xukun asked.

No response.

"She broke up with me. She cheated on me with one of my best friends."

Zhengting didn't respond, letting Xukun finish his story.

"I caught her in bed with him at her house. I don't know what happened, but she finally stopped leading me on and broke up with me. I didn't even care though."

Zhengting felt himself tear up more at the sad story.

"I never loved her."

Zhengting sniffled. Xukun seemed so hurt while he was talking.

"I know what she's doing," Xukun said. "She's trying to get you jealous. She's trying to get us to break up and make me date her again. She's homophobic, you know?"

If Zhengting still liked Meihua, he didn't now.

"I remember being at her house one time. Her brother came out to his family. They flipped out and kicked him out. I don't think they've ever heard from him since."

How could Xukun ever date someone like this? She seemed like such a bad person.

"But I promise that I would never leave you for some ignorant, judgemental prick like her."

Zhengting finally looked back up. Xukun was looking into him, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

"Is it worth it?" Zhengting asked, red-faced.

"Is what worth it?"

"I feel so little. I'm just one of the many people you've dated. The many people you've loved. The many people you've kissed. And to me, your the first for everything. It doesn't feel right."

"Zhengting." Xukun jumped over the wall into his stall. He stood on the edge of the toliet and then kneeled next to his boyfriend.

"Just because we have different personalities... We have different, 'relationship statuses'... It doesn't mean we still can't love each other."

Xukun pulled Zhengting close to him and kissed him passionately. Their lips rubbed against each other on and on. Slowly, they stood up.

Xukun pushed Zhengting tightly against the wall. He gripped his hands in his hair. Zhengting's hands gripped all over his back.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps walking into the bathroom.

"Fuck..." Xukun whispered.

As soon as they heard another stall close shut, the two boys hurriedly walked out of the stall and out of the bathroom.

When they got back to the piercing station, Meihua and her family were just about to walk away. However, she noticed Xukun and Zhengting walking out.

"Bye, Xukun!" She shouted, waving.

Xukun gave a slight wave before she turned away.

"What's it gonna be like when we have to go to school with her?" Zhengting asked Xukun nervously.

Xukun chuckled and smiled at Zhengting.

"It'll be hilarious."

~

I wrote this chapter in like 45 minutes so it might be kinda bad haha.

I wanted to update as soon as I can but like I didn't want to write at all earlier during the daytime lol.

Also idk if the named Meihua is good I just googled "Chinese girls names" so idk 😂😂

And thx for 800+ reads already guys ❤️

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!

Love y'all. ❤️