III

As Justin's car pulled up to a big white house with dozens of people outside of it, Zhengting felt his stomach drop.

He had never felt so nervous in his life. He wasn't used to being... social. Who would he have to talk to here? What would he have to do?

"Don't be scared," Justin said, pulling the keys out of the slot and placing them in his pocket.  "I'll be by your side by the whole time. And if you ever feel uncomfortable, just tell me."

Zhengting nodded, hoping it wasn't noticable that he was beginning to sweat already.

The two got out of the car, and instantly heard the blasting of music from inside the house. Wow, Zhengting thought, if there's this many people outside, there must hundreds inside.

The first person to walk up to the two was, thankfully, Chengcheng, another friend of Zhengting's.

"You're here too?" Zhengting asked. "Is this where all of you have been going every weekend instead of hanging out with me?"

"It's not like that, though," Chengcheng said. "We knew you'd never want to come so we just didn't bother on inviting you."

"Buuuuuut," Justin added. "Ever since Xukun found out about you, he really wanted to get to know you. So we figured we should try this time."

Zhengting was still uneasy about Xukun. Everyone kept saying he was "so interested" in him. But... Wasn't it just weird?

"Well, come on," Chengcheng said. "You have to at least try to have fun. Follow me."

And so, Zhengting and Justin began following Chengcheng into the noisy house.

The house was packed, every inch of it. You had to shove people to move around, which was one of the things Zhengting hated about parties.

Chengcheng led them into a kitchen. He grabbed a plastic cup from the counter and filled it with water from the sink.

"Here," he handed the cup to Zhengting. "You look like you need it. This is the best you'll get. I can't promise whether or not anything else is spiked."

Great. Just great.

Zhengting took a big gulp of water from the cup. He was starting to sweat even more. He got even more nervous now that he was here.

"What am I supposed to do now?" He asked.

"Have fun," Justin said. "Talk to people. Do some dancing. You looove dancing."

"Not in front of people like this," Zhengting argued. "The only people I've danced in front are my friends and family. Not complete strangers."

"Well..." Chengcheng said. "Make these people your friends." Then he just walked away, leaving Zhengting and Justin alone again.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," said a new voice from across the room.

You've got to be kidding me...

Cai Xukun walked up to the two boys with a bright smile on his face and a plastic red cup in his hand.

"It's so good to see you, Zhengting," he said. "So glad you're here."

"Yeah..." Zhengting replied nervously, scratching the back of his neck. He could feel the sweat beads forming on him.

"Justin, glad you managed to convince him."

Justin nodded, grinning.

Is there something I'm missing?

"So, Zhengting, how did you and Justin become friends?" Xukun said, sipping from his cup. He was obviously trying to make small talk, which made it even worse for Zhengting.

"Um, well we used to go to dance lessons together when we were younger," Zhengting said awkwardly.

"That's cool. How long did you guys do it for?"

"Up until two years ago for the most part."

It was silent for a minute until Zhengting turned around to look for Justin until he noticed that...

Justin was gone.

Zhengting started to panic. Justin promised he wouldn't leave him. Now he was alone. Not only that, but he was alone with Xukun.

"Are you nervous?" Xukun asked, chuckling at how nervous Zhengting was.

"Umm..." Zhengting nodded, smiling nervously.

Xukun grinned at the shy boy. "Don't be scared. I don't bite... Much."

Zhengting gulped.

Xukun burst out laughing. "In all seriousness, I'm totally harmless. Some people might be, like, 'scared' of me, but I'd like to say I'm pretty nice."

Zhengting nodded. But it still didn't help.

Xukun looked closer at him. "I wanna show you something."

He took Zhengting's hand and led him out the back door.

"Where are we going?" Zhengting asked innocently.

Xukun flashed a bright smile at him.

"Somewhere amazing."

~

Lol I've never gotten this many reads so fast. It's obviously not a lot. But it's bigger for me😂

IDK I normally don't write this fast but I guess the fact that I've been getting "more reads" (I'm trying to not sound stupid) lol.

I'll leave now bye thanks for reading and don't forget to vote love ya ;)