I

Zhengting pushed his glasses up. The stupid, round spectacles of his were getting too loose. He didn't have to wear them, but he thought he looked better in them.

He stared at his watch furiously. When was Justin going to get here? Only 30 seconds until the bell was going to ring, and Zhengting could not go through this class alone. Not without Justin.

Immediately, Zhengting saw Justin rush into the classroom, with another familiar face piling in behind him. The bell rang right afterwards.

"Just in time, you two," the teacher said, stepping forward. "Justin, go take a seat. As for you, Mr. Cai, you do realize if you are late one more time, you will get a detention?"

"Yes, ma'am," the second person, Cai Xukun, said.

The teacher nodded. "Please take a seat."

However, Zhengting noticed, instead of sitting in the front row with his own friends, Xukun was making his way towards him and Justin in the back row.

Zhengting was puzzled.

The teacher began talking, whilst Zhengting overheard Xukun whispering to Justin. "She needs to chill. Not her business whether I get detention or not."

"Yeah," was all Justin said in return, before the two finally shut up and began listening to the teacher.

When class ended, Zhengting didn't talk to Justin or Xukun. He just grabbed his things and left. He didn't look back either, to see how they'd react.

Only one more, he thought to himself, only one more class until I get to go home for the weekend and do nothing at all.

Zhengting went to his seat in his study hall and opened up his notebook. There, he liked to draw and write random things, even though he knew he wasn't good at either of those things.

Then, he looked at the clock. 4 minutes until the bell. He could rest his eyes for a bit until the teacher would come in and yell at him.

Zhengting pulled the loose spectacles off of his face and rested his head down into his arms. He closed his eyes and felt himself drifting to sleep...

...Until he heard someone sit in the loud, squeaky chair beside him.

Zhengting lifted his face slowly and turned to see, yes, the one and only Cai Xukun sitting next to him.

"Why are you sitting by me?" He asked.

Xukun ignored him. "Why are you mad at Justin?"

"I'm not mad," which was slightly a lie.

"Then why are you ignoring him?"

"I wasn't ignoring him. He was too busy talking to you."

Xukun rolled his eyes. "You obviously looked mad."

"Is it any of your business?" Zhengting replied.

"Is it because of me? Do you not like me?" Xukun asked, once again ignoring the original question.

"I don't really know anything about you. So who am I to judge?"

Xukun smirked. "Then get to know me. My house, tonight at 8. Talk to Justin about it. I'm sure he'd be excited to have you come to the party."

"Party?" Zhengting asked.

Xukun nodded.

So was that where Justin was abandoning me, Zhengting thought, every weekend he ditched me, his best friend, to go party with these people?

"Just think about it," Xukun said. "I promise you'll have fun." He stood up to go to his assigned seat as the teacher began walking into the room. But then he stopped.

"You know," he turned around. "You should take off your glasses more often. You look cute without them."

Xukun grinned and then walked across the room towards his seat as the final bell rang.

Cute?

~

Zhengting had never told anyone he liked guys. Not his family, not his friends, not even Justin. He figured they would support him no matter what, but it was hard for him to just come out and say, "Hey, brotato chip, I'm really fucking gay, hope you don't mind."

But he knew that he didn't like girls. And he knew he liked guys. Simple enough. Right?

So when Xukun said that to him, his heart kind of fluttered a little bit. I'm sure he didn't mean it though, Zhengting thought. There was no way he was going to that party. Not at all. All he could do was try to avoid Xukun as much as possible. Right?

That would work, wouldn't it?

~

Oh my gosh. I spent forever writing these by hand when I didn't have my phone and it took so long I thought this chapter would at least be over 1000 words but it barely hit 700?

I apologise, I haven't written an actual book in forever. I'm hoping to get back into it though.

I don't expect this book to get a lot of reads because A. Zhengkun is not a huge shipper yet and B. My writing in terrible. 😂 But I'm just doing this for fun. The views are just a bonus.

Ok bye.