Hard Knock Life

"I want every inch of the bat cave cleaned tonight, and when I get back in the morning it should be spotless." Bruce Wayne announced to his wards, quite peeved.

The four boys were sitting on the couch, scrolling through movies to watch.

"Why must I clean with these morons father? You know simple house work is below me." Damian stated, not taking his eyes off the T.V.

Bruce snatched the remote from Jason's hand.

"Hey old man, I was watching something!" Jason jumped to claim the remote, but failed because Bruce held it high above his head.

"If you keep it up I will make you scrub the floor with toothbrushes." Bruce threatened, not bluffing.

"Try me, old man" Jason taunted.

Bruce handed Jason a red toothbrush "here, clean well and maybe I will let you have your guns back." With that the middle aged man stormed out to his car.

"He took my guns?!" Jason gaped.

"let's get this over with." Tim groaned, starting to the caves entrance.

"Yeah, it'll be fun! We will play music!" Dick clapped, following Tim, showing a little more enthusiasm.

Jason and Damian unwillingly stalked off to clean the cave after them.

Dick got a broom, Jason got his toothbrush, Tim got his mop, and Damian got his duster, that being the less deadly cleaning supply.

They started doing their own thing, until Dick started singing a familiar tune to a movie they just watched.

"Its a hard knock life for us." He started.

Tim, immediately getting what was in on joined in and sang.

"Its a hard knock life for us."

"Stead of treated as get tricked." Dick sung.

"Stead of kisses, we get kicked." Tim sung.

"Its the hard knock life." They both sung.

"Don't it feel like the wind is always howl'n, don't is seen like there's never any light!" Dick sung, turning off the lights in the cave, then turning them back on and continuing to sweep.

"One day don't you wanna throw the towel in? It's easier then putting up a fight!" Tim threw a towel to Jason so the red hood could put it in with the rest of the dirty training clothes.

"No one cares when your dreams at night get creepy, no one cares if you grow or shrink!" they both sung, Tim and Dick ran past each other, High a fiving.

Tim ran up to Jason, pulling him to the middle of the bat cave with the huge laundry hamper with wheels.

Tim and Dick both knew Jason liked this song.

"Empty belly life, rotten smelly life, full of sorrow life, no tomorrow life." He sang, throwing his toothbrush, replacing it with a rag.

"Santa clause we never see." Dick sung, joining the others in the center of the cave, Tim and Jason got to shoulder to shoulder with the oldest brother, leaving him in the middle. Dick put on a random Santa hat.

"Santa clause what's that? Who's he?" Jason and Tim questioned, looking to each other in fake confusion.

"No one cares for you a smidge when your a foster kid" Jason stepped up to the middle.

"Its the hard knock life" they all sang.

"Make my bathroom shine, but dont touch my medicine cabinet." Tim replaced Jason in the middle.

"It's a hard knock life for us, it's a hard knock life for us." They all sung, dancing around the laundry basket.

"Stead of treated as get tricked, stead of kisses we get kicked" they all chourused.

"Its a hard knock life for us, it's a hard knock life for us!" They all sung, getting interrupted by Damian, who was standing directly above the three boys.

"I demand you stop this nonsense at once! We must clean the cave go before Father arrives."

The three other brothers looked to each other, devious smiled on this faces.

"No one cares for you a smidge when your a foster kid." Tim and Jason continued, Dick disappeared.

Damian still stood up on the rafters when Dick reappeared behind him, pushing him off of the metal.

Damian landed with a 'swoosh' in the laundry basket.

Tim and Jason took the handles of it and started spinning it around, clothes flying everywhere.

"Its a hard knock life, it's a hard knock life, it's a hard knock life!" They all finnished.

Tim and Jason let go of the laundry basket, so it hit the wall, but didn't tip over.

Damian poked his head out from under all of the clothes.

"I. Hate. All. Of. You."

~~~
Later a video of the batboys singing went viral, posted by the one and only Barbra Gordon.