The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV

Start from the beginning

"Boe!" She smiled. She knew this one. "The Face of Boe!"

"That is the correct answer."

"Good job," Lily whispered to her, squeezing her hand.

"Lily, in history, who was the President of the Red Velvets?"

"Harriet Jones?"

"No. The correct answer is Hoshbin Frane. Rose, in food, the dish Gaffabeque originated on which planet?"

"Er . . is it Mars?" She squeaked.

"No, the correct answer is Lucifer. Lily, which measurement of length is said to have been defined by the Emperor Jate as the distance from his nose to his fingertip?"

"Would that be a goffle?"

"No, the correct answer is a paab. Rose, in fashion, Stella Pok Baint is famous for what?"

"Shoes."

"No, the correct answer is hats."

-

"Lily, in physics, who discovered the Fifteen Dash Ten Barric Fields?"

The trio ran out of the lift. "Game Room Six! which one is it?"

Lynda waved to them down the hall. "Over here!"

"San Hazeldine?"

"No. the correct answer is San Chen."

Jack lifted the gun he held and warned them. "Stand back! Let me blast it open."

"You can't." The Doctors adrenaline rushed while he worked on the lock. "It's made of Hydra combination! Come on, come on, come on!"

-

"Rose, in history, what is the name of the Game Station we are on?"

"Lone Wolf?" She guessed.

"Correct." She paused. "We are now in sudden death territory. If Lily doesn't get the next question correctly, Rose wins."

When she heard that, Lily knew there what to do. She was terrified but she had to if it meant that her sister could live.

"Lily?" Anne-Droid asked, "In Geography, what is the name of the planet home to the infamous Daleks."

Lily couldn't believe how easy that question was for her. Skaro was, of course, the answer. She looked at Rose, saw the panic in her eyes, and gave her a small smile, mouthing. "I'm sorry."

She earned a puzzled look from Rose. Lily looked to the Anne-Droid and said one word . .

"Gallifrey."

"No!" Rose shrieked in horror, pulling on Lily's arm. "Are you bloody crazy. You had that answer in the bag!"

"That is incorrect." Anne-Droid looked to Rose, "Which makes Rose the strongest link, you will be transported home with one thousand six hundred credits."

"I could never do that, Rose." Lily's eyes were red, holding onto both of Roses' hands. "I'm your older sister. I'm supposed to protect you. No matter what you should always remember that."

"No! No! I'm not having this!" Rose shielded Lily from Anne-Droid. "We aren't meant to be here! This is illegal!"

"Lily, you leave this life with nothing-"the Anne-Droid started.

"No!" Rose interrupted. "You're not taking her from me!"

"Lily! Rose!" The girl's hearts both stopped when they saw their Time Lord running towards them. "Stop this game!"

"Doctor." Lily sighed. "Oh my god! Doctor!"

Lily grabbed Rose's hand, leading her to the Doctor in a full sprint, dodging through people who tried to stop them.

"Stop this game!" Jack shouted.

"I order you to stop this game!" The Doctor repeated, both men trying to make their way to the sisters.

"You are the weakest link." Anne-Droid continued.

"Look out for the Anne Droid!" Lily warned. "It's armed!"

Lily let go of Roses' hand so her sister could hug Jack. With Rose safe, Lily believe she was too. She slowed her step and reached out her hands to hug her Doctor. But, the minute their bodies touched, Anne's beam hit her back, turning her to dust.

The Doctor fell to his knees, some of the dust in his hands. He heard Jack's shouts, Lynda's shriek. But what broke him the most was the sound of Rose crying out. She's almost lost her sister before but this time she really was gone.

Hearing Rose cry out for her sister broke the Doctor's hearts. It was the worst sound he has ever heard.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11