Our style, Mr. Owl & that Kyle

After all the fancy dresses and heels and being on the run, it was nice to wake up in an amazing bed, shower, and put on comfy clothes. I wear a simple red blouse and shorts and left my hair in a messy bun on top my head.

I enjoyed running down to the dining area and being served breakfast by Chef, the big bellied elf.

Once that I was done I took some time to be with my Elementals. I hung with Aliyah, Seth, Jordan and Anna in the library, them preparing me for tomorrow's coronation.

"Do we have to follow tradition so hard core?" I ask, folding my arms over the table we sit at.

Jordan frowns and once again I marvel at him and Anna. Because of the great power that resides inside them, it has caused growth spurts. They were just children at the beginning of this, now they seem to be preteens, both long and lean. I see what a blonde, gray eyed beauty Anna is blossoming into. And Jordan is already looking handsome with his amber eyes and oil black hair. Sadness creeps in as I realize they are Beloveds and once they reach the point to wanting each other deeply, I'm going to have to intervene.

"What do you mean?" Jordan said, pulling me back.

I shake my head, "Just remember what our parents were wearing before Laufeia came? Those fancy outfits and robes and crowns," I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Yeah, but Melody, it's tradition," Aliyah defeats, "And we all know how Enchantains are insanely traditional and set in their ways. Wearing anything but the scared robes and crowns is highly offensive,"

I pout, "Okay, fine, lets keep that part but honestly I'm sick to death of fancy dresses. They're so not me. And in case you guys haven't noticed, tradition is not this generation."

Suddenly my mind was exploding with thoughts and ideas and plans.

"I see that look in your eye," Jordan grins.

"Whatcha thinking?" Anna's gray eyes sparkle.

"We are different. Like so totally different from the other Elementals." I say, "For one, we weren't raised in Enchantment like them. We got the first female descendant from Zayden. We have nonhuman Beloveds which has never happened. We stand apart and it seems tradition has left us so why do we follow it to the teeth? Why not broadcast to our people just how different we are? We're not conventional or predictable so let's spice things up." My grin must've been ludicrous and I picture my eyes to be alight with insanity.

"What are you proposing?" Aliyah leans in, interested in what I had in store.

With a grin, I tell them what we should wear and do for our coronation that follows some tradition while adding our own style.    

Then I went to the outdoor training grounds where I found the boys Declan and Dmitri. Once I finish telling them the plan, Declan roared with laughter, "God, Mel, you really know how to piss people off."

"She goes straight for the shock value," Dmitri agrees.

I ignore them, "You two in?"

They share a short, knowing look, before both of them raise their swords and dive for me.

Without even thinking. I had a whip of water in my hands. Declans sword tries to nick my side but I dance out of the way and towards Dmitri, I lash out with my whip and it wraps around Declans hand with the sword.

While that happens, Dmitri swung his foot out and hit my thigh.

With a grunt, I fall.

"Defeat us and we'll do whatever you want," Dmitri said.