It's been a while since we had broken up, but I often think about her and wonder if she had found who she was looking for. Because clearly, it wasn't me.

I put my thoughts to a halt and decided to reach for my identification card. But as I pulled it out, my hand got knocked over and it fell on to the floor.

"Oh holy fuck, I'm sorry!" A girl yelled and helps me pick it up. She doesn't look at the card and hands it over to me.

"It's okay" I say and stare at the girl with glasses, straight blonde hair, and sneakers and don't get me started on her tattoo sleeve.

"I'm sorry, err . . . I actually have to go buy this painting before some asshole takes it." She points at the painting behind her and turns to face it.

"That one is not for sale" I march behind her and say.

"You're joking, right? I saw this painting from two stalls up front and ran to buy it and it is not for sale? Just my fucking luck!" She stomps her foot on the floor. Based on her look, one would assume she wouldn't have such a foul mouth but then again, it was debatable.

"What is it that you like about this painting?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Are you saying you don't like it? I mean come on, look at it! It's fucking beautiful! There's definitely a story here" She says and her eyes are gleaming with excitement.

"What kind of story?"

"Okay, umm let's see. So the shadow is a chick and she's holding a black heart right? I mean, that's what everyone sees, right? But look at the heart, there's a speck of red in it still. So I'm going to assume, the girl has been through some tough ass times. And maybe everything that has happened has made her lose herself, resulting her red heart to grow darker and darker but still, she has some of herself left in her and she's holding her heart so close because she's afraid . . ."

"She might lose herself completely" I quietly finished her sentence, astonished. How can someone read into all that from just one painting?

"Yeah, exactly! It is not much use of colors but it doesn't need to be colorful to make people understand the pain behind the drawing. And I like pain, the beauty of it. It's raw and fresh." I stared at this girl as she went on explaining my painting as if she knew me. This particular painting was not for sale because I didn't want it to be. It was the painting I drew the night Whitney and I broke up. I spent the entire week drawing this, bawling my eyes out. This painting felt too personal for me to sell, but I hung it as a reminder to move forward.

"Why would you want to buy a painting that showcases a lot of pain? Most people like to hang paintings in their homes to brighten up the space" I remarked as she gets lost in my painting again.

"Well then maybe you forgot that sometimes pain brings pleasure as well." She lifts her eyebrows and smirks at me. Suddenly I feel a chill down my spine, trying to comprehend what she's getting at. I am definitely curious about her. She smiles shyly and puts her hand in her jacket pocket.

"I just realized I have been talking nonstop and haven't introduced myself yet. Hi, I'm Alex" She smiles at me and my gay radar breaks with uncertainty.

"Belle" I managed to say.

"Good thing you aren't Annabelle, cause that would give me scary doll vibes. I've dated Annabelle's before. And trust me, not worth the sex" She laughs.

"So you don't like scary movies?" I ask feeling my cheeks turn red.

"Oh I love them. There is a new scary movie out at the theaters. We should maybe go sometime?" She tucks her hair back and asks casually.