Chapter 27 "Let The Game Begin"

Start from the beginning

"I take it you didn't bring an army? Several of my guys are still standing."

Violet shook her head, "No. It's just me and Scarlett. Part of the plan."

"Clever girl," The Mother complimented before calling her guards and instructed them to clean the mess and dump the bodies. Hearing this, Violet immediately objected and volunteered to dispose Scarlett's body causing The Mother to stare at her suspiciously. 

"She was my friend, a good one at that and even if I'm the one who killed her, I owe her a proper...disposal." The Mother stared at her daughter, trying to intimidate her to slip up if she had something on her sleeve, but Violet had kept her stern expression, making it harder for her. She didn't trust her daughter and felt that she was planning something and what would it be, she had to find out.

"Okay then, but my guards will help you out. I know you couldn't do it alone," she said suggestively, gesturing to several of her guards, "And I'll be expecting you later my dear, we're going to have a drink. Consider it a mother-daughter time." She walked to her daughter and cupped her cheek which she usually did back then, before getting in to the car that had just arrived.

As soon as the unconscious Olivia had been settled beside The Mother, the car started moving, leaving Violet with a bunch of guards as she watched the vehicle slowly disappeared from the view. Without much ado, she turned to the guards with a determined look.

"Okay, I just need two guys to help me out here, the rest, you go help with the others in the warehouse." As if her instruction had fallen into deaf ears, nobody moved from their spots as they stared hard at Violet, causing her to snort humorlessly. "Look, I'm sure you all heard my conversation with your boss... to say I'm The Mother's daughter, I suggest you follow my orders like how you follow my mother's to avoid punishments. Are we clear?" There was silence in the air and Violet couldn't help but notice their piercing glares but she didn't care about them for she just wanted the job to be over as soon as possible. "Okay, you and you, stay here and help me," she continued, pointing to two random guards. Soon after, the guards reluctantly obeyed her as they turned their backs to her and walked towards the warehouse, leaving the two she pointed earlier.

She waited for the others to get inside the warehouse before turning to the two she chose and instructed them what to do. Without further ado, the two guards obeyed as they walked to Scarlett's motionless body to lift her up. Little did they know, Violet had already drawn her gun as she put a silencer on it, watching the guys' backs. As the guards had lifted the body, inches from the ground, she instantly aimed the weapon and fired at the two, both instantly dropped to the ground. 

She then walked to Scarlett and hovered beside her.

"You can stop pretending now Scarlett," she said, bored. 

Scarlett cracked an eye open and smirked before pulling herself up into a sitting position. "Phew! That took long enough," she said as she looked up at Violet.

"Well, she's not that easy to convince..." Violet retorted as she stretched her hand which Scarlett gladly held, lifting herself up from the ground, "...and I'm sure she doesn't trust me yet, even if I'm her daughter."

"What did you expect? You ran away, leaving her while she was still mourning over her brother's death. And then out of the blue, you popped up, wanting to join her organization all of a sudden. That's suspicious enough." 

"You know I had to run away. She changed. Turned into a monster... Until now, I don't want to join the Red Circle but I have to as part of the plan."

Scarlett shrugged, "Yeah I know... Just so you know, I almost cringe when you called her 'mom'."

"Yeah, well, you're not the only one. Anyway, we have to dispose these bodies immediately."