Blood Runs So Deep

Chapter 16: Blood Runs So Deep

MID'S POV

I was waken up by someone shaking me. "Go away Lena."I whine turning over. I landed on a very hard pillow. "Morning sleepy head."I heard a voice say making my pillow vibrate. Wait, this is not a pillow. I open my eyes and look up to see I'm laying on Damon's chest. I instantly shoot up and cover myself with the blanket. The reason for this is because I have a really short tank top on and shorts and I feel really uncomfortable after our little spat a few days ago.

"Damon! What are you doing here?"I ask. "Oh I was just coming to say hi. Guess I gave you more than a greeting in your dream. Explains the drool."he says smirking. My hand instantly shoot to my mouth but there was nothing there. That little... I glare at him as he puts his hands behind his head. I look at the time and groan. "Six a.m. You have nothing better to do at six a.m. Damon?"I ask annoyed. "Well I came to wake you up so we can go over the plan on how to get old Johnathan Gilbert's journal."he tells me. I can't believe I still agreed to that. I groan and lay on his chest again. "No."I mumble, snuggling my face in his chest.

He instantly stiffens. "What are you doing?"he asked. I smirk and look up at him. "Not so cocky now, huh?"I tease wrapping my arm around his neck and snuggling into the crook of his neck. "You do know what you're doing right?"he asks nervously. Did I make the Damon Salvatore nervous? I deserve an award. I sigh. "Yes, but I'm too tired to care."I mumble and try to fall asleep but Damon speaks again. "Well there is a one in a lifetime opportunity to embarrass Elena and Stefan for life waiting at my house."he offers. I look up and him and smile. "You're lucky I'll take this opportunity."I say and kiss his cheek, getting out of bed.

I grab some clothes and go to the bathroom, closing the door. I hear Damon sigh in relief outside and giggle. Man, I make Damon Salvatore nervous. That's a new one. I'm finally dressed and I get out meeting Damon at his car. We get in and head to the boarding house. We walk in and I walk to Stefan's room to see Elena and Stefan cuddling. I had to awww in my head at how cute it looked. I sat on the end of the bed with Damon, waiting for them to get up. They started to stir as Stefan hugged her and kissed her head. "Good morning."she mumbled.

"I could get used to this."he mumbled back. "Me too, I like this whole group gathering."I say making them jump and look at us. "Damon, Mid!"Elena says as Stefan says, "What are you doing?!" They try to cover themselves with the blanket as Damon says, "Rise and shine sleepy heads." I smirked at them and high five Damon as we laughed. "Oh stop being smutty." Damon teases. "Seriously you two, get out of here." Stefan says covering Elena. "Oh please, if I see something I haven't seen before I'll throw a dollar at it."I tell them.

"Now listen, we all have some very important business to discuss." Damon says. "And it has to be right now?" Elena asks. "Hey, if I had to get up for this, so do you."I tell her with a smirk. Damon ignores me and continues. "Well, we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal."he tells them. "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spell. But first things first, since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty."he tells my sister. "Why can't Mid do it then?"she asked.

"Because she is my side-kick which means she needs to stay with me."he says smugly. I scoff. "Please, you're the side-kick."I mumble, Elena not hearing me but Stefan did and he chuckled. Damon just ignored my comment. "Since when am I helping period?"she asked. "Well Stefan is helping and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..."I trail off. She just glares at me. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to." Stefan tells her. She sighs. "I'll look for it tonight."she says pulling the covers over her head.

"Good." Damon comments. "How do we know this journal will hold the location of the grimiore? We're really gonna take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit." Stefan asked. "Well he was pretty scared of me so I don't think he would've risked lying."I tell him smirking. "Ok, what exactly is a grimiore?" Elena asked coming out of the covers. "It's a witches cook book." Damon answers. I nod understanding what he meant. Elena though was still a little lost. "Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work." Stefan cleared up for her.