Nightmare

Clara's POV

The dream started the same as it did every night. I was ripped from my cell without warning by a group of gaurds. They grabbed me by the wrists and pulled me towards the place I hated the most.

Fear courses through my veins, causing my teeth to form to sharp points and my nails to turn to claws. As my transformation completed I was thrown into the ring. All around me I could hear the screams of the crowd.

"Beast!"

"Filthy animal!"

"Monster!"

My eyes met thranduil's who looked on with a menacing joy. He raised a hand, signalling for a nearby gate to be opened.

I crouched preparing for the fight that was to ensue.

Tonight - just like it had been earlier that day - it was a pack of six wargs. They formed a circle around me, yapping and snarling. Their mouths foamed and it was clear they were out for blood.

I attacked first, pouncing on the nearest warg. I managed to take down that warg and another, but the battle was beginning to take its toll. I fought as hard as I possibly could, but it was clear that I was losing this battle.

The circle of wargs closed in around me. Two of them pounced on me, pinning me against the ground. The largest, clearly the leader, lunged. His snapping jaws were the last thing I saw before I woke with a startled yelp.