The Awards

Now, as we have hinted at in previous pages, this awards is a little bit different. Our goal is to honor and recognize only some of the many kinds of strong female characters on wattpad.  To do this, you will be entering an original girl character from one of your stories. We will read your story, and judge the writing that develops the entered character the most.

There are several types of awards available. A drum roll please as we release them:

The Warrior:
This award is centered towards a girl that can kick ass. Literally. The Warrior will be given to the best written character who masters the use of weaponry and combat. You would not want to pick a fight with the winner of this award.

The Brain:
Seeking to recognize women of higher intellect, The Brain award honors the smartest of the smart. Whether this character is a genius at rocket science,  mathematics, writes like no one's ever read, or dives so deeply into the study of history it takes a swat team of 40 people to pull her out. This award is all about honoring the seriously booksmart characters on wattpad.

The Athlete:
As a prize seeking girls of incredible athletic ability, The Athlete is given to a character who really shines in the sports area. They achieve great things in their competitions, and can thrash anyone that has the gal to challenge them. For this award, enter best female athlete in your book.

The Activist:
The activist is someone who speaks out for what is right, no matter what the cost. They are the ones who protest on the street, who will not give up until everyone achieves equality. These characters are the ones who use their political voice to campaign and change the world through politics and law. 

The Selfless:
In a world where most people are so wrapped in their own lives they're blind to the pain of others, a truly selfless person is becoming increasingly difficult to find. We need people who give everything they have to helping the world, to helping each and every person rise up from the dust. The character who wins the selfless will be humble and self sacrificing. They will be the embodiment of what it truly means to be a good person. 

The Witch:
A character who wins The Witch is seriously magically charged. Who knows what their going to do with it, but talk about magical strength. What kind of magic do they have? Doesn't matter. The point is, they can out cast, out conjure, or out magically beat down their enemies with a giant magical crocodile stick. For this award, enter the character with the most magical power you can find.

The Survivor:
Heroes come from all different playing fields. The survivor started out in the worst of scenarios and rose to do something great. They are the people who fight through abuse, through oppressive regimes, through all the obstacles you can imagine, to rise up and do great things despite of their humble beginnings. This awards seeks to honor those characters.

The High and Mighty:
Like we said before, heroes come from all different playing fields. These are the people who started at the top, then used their power and their influence for good. Although they didn't come up from the dust, their actions are still impressive, and will be honored with this award.

The Villain:
These people may have chosen the path of the dark side, but wow are they impressive! By leading heists, facilitating assassinations, taking over whole countries, and just generally being amazingly evil, being a villain is no easy job. But the winner of this award does it so well, that she projects fear wherever she goes. The winner of this award will be the evilest of them all.

The Bossy:
Everyone hates a bossy pants, right? Well, when it comes to leading, this girl flips that on your head. You are the annoying ones for not following the amazing ideas, plans, and inspirations she creates. This award is to honor the bossiest of the bossy, the leader who steps up and shows through example and words how much they are in charge. These are the sort of characters that run businesses, guide quests, and rule kingdoms. The Bossy will be given to a character who demonstrates their traits of charisma and leadership in the very best of ways.

The Supporter:
Hey, we can't all be a leader. Sometimes it takes more courage to be the first follower than the starter of a unique idea. It takes just as much though and compassion to be the friend group therapist, the advisor, the shoulder to cry on, and the devoted friend. The Samwises of the world aren't recognized nearly as much as the Frodos, but matter that much more. We want to give The Supporter to a character who is the definition of empathy, kindness, and, most importantly, was always there for the protagonist when they needed it the most.

The Mate:
On Wattpad, there are many, many, many, many, many, many books about vampires, shifters, and other magical creatures finding their mates. And in almost all of them? The woman in the relationship is weak and needs to be cared for by the male. That seriously pisses us off. We want to see a mate who thinks and lives for herself. The Mate is given to half of a mated pair, (girlxgirl, girlxboy, it doesn't matter) who shows exemplary strength and character as well and kindness and love towards their significant other.

Poetry:
We want to include a multitude of different writing, and we realize that our awards are not geared towards the poetry genre, where there are typically not specific characters. So, we would like to add a new genre just for amazing, empowering poems. Writers from all eras have used poetry as a voice to speak for social change, and that is the type of writing we are looking for with this award!

All characters must be balanced. We don't want to read about an OP character with no personality. That's really boring and easy to write. Challenge yourselves, people! Also: MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHARACTER HAD A RELATABLE PERSONALITY. MARY SUES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. IF YOU ENTER A MARY SUE, WE WILL TAKE CONSIDERABLE TIME OUT OF OUR DAY TO LAUGH AT YOU. You have been warned.