I didn't have anything special planned. I didn't want to make it too awkward by arranging a fancy dinner with roses and suits and wine. That put too much pressure onto it. And I really needed this to go well. My plan was to just suggest a movie and a bite to eat, telling him it was his choice.

I took a deep breath as I knocked, staring at the chipped paint. The door swung open after a moment, revealing a peppy Theo, a coil of black and white scales wrapped around his forearm, "H-Hey, Luca." He grinned.

I flinched, my face crumpling in disgust at the writhing snake, twisting and hissing gently, "What the actual fuck is that?" I spat in revulsion, taking a few steps back, refusing to pull my eyes off of the slithering creature.

Theo chuckled, "You've already m-met her."

"Yeah, from a safe distance! You know, behind glass and all!"

His chest vibrated with laughter, his eyes gleaming happily, "Oh, c-come on, surely Luca Bakker isn't that afraid of snakes?"

I kept my distance from him, my eyes still watching the reptile skeptically, bracing myself unless it decided to sink its fangs into me. "They're not normal! They don't have legs, that's creepy!"

He giggled, watching the creature twist like wire along his arm, "L-Lots of animals don't have legs."

"Name three." I challenged, crossing my arms over my chest, still refusing the enter the warm, glowing house, opting to shiver in the cold instead. I'd rather die from hypothermia than go near that scaly monster.

"Uh...w-whales?"

"Nu-uh, doesn't count. They live in water."

"S-So?" He argued. "Besides, doesn't b-being legless make them kinda safer?"

"Urgh, can you please put that thing away so we can go?" I shuddered at the thought.

He just giggled, "Sorry." He grinned, "Give me one sec." He pulled me into the house, making sure I was sheltered from the cold before heading upstairs. I leant back against the door awkwardly, my eyes bouncing over the hats and scarves hung crookedly on the coat hanger. It was only a couple of moments before Theo came bounding back down the stairs again, smiling joyfully as he grabbed his jacket. I was right. He was in a baggy jumper, frayed jeans and a pair of muddy butterscotch coloured boots.

"So, I was thinking the cinema?" I suggested, tightening my jacket around me as we navigated our way through the darkness to reach my car.

He was silent for a moment as he entered the car, buckling his seatbelt up as I quickly turned the heater on, "Y-You mean where it's dark and n-no one will see us?" He asked tentatively, biting his lip in thought.

I froze, my fingers lingering over my keys. "What?" I asked with furrowed brows, turning to look at him. Once I noticed his serious expression, my face fell, "Oh my god, I just realised how that sounds, I...no! No, I swear that's not it." I hastily assured him, dropping my keys so I could cup his cold cheeks in my hands, "I wasn't trying to..." I sighed, unsure how to finish the sentence. So I settled for just leaning forward and pressing my lips onto his.

It was slow and gentle, just my lips against his, marble cold and trembling from the stabbing winds we'd just been exposed to. Ever since discovering our feelings for each other, all it'd been between us was pecks and short chaste kisses. And I was desperate for more. Maybe that's why I gripped him tighter, my hands sliding around the back of his neck to pull him closer, my lips moving a little faster.

His hands fumbled around blindly, eventually grasping onto my collar for support, the pair of us both leaning over the handbrake, trying not to knock into the gearstick. His lips were soft and smooth, sending small tingles of electric adrenaline down my spine as he tried to match my rhythm. But then an uncomfortable thought surfaced in my mind and I quickly pulled back, keeping my grip around him steady.

He watched me with wide eyes, weighed down by sudden apprehension at my abrupt decision to halt the kiss, "W-What is it? D-Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, you're fine, it's just that..." I trailed off, finally untangling my arms from around the nape of his neck as I shuffled back into my own seat. "Have you ever kissed anyone before, Theo?"

He gulped as he curled in on himself slightly, pulling his sleeves over his hands absentmindedly, "O-Only you." He whispered.

"Shit." I muttered. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take your first kiss, if I'd known, I swear I wouldn't have been so-"

He grinned at my response, placing his hand delicately over mine, small in comparison to my own. "It's okay, Luca. I-I'm happy it was you."

After forcing myself to swallow my guilt, I nodded in understanding. But I knew t wasn't okay. The first time I kissed him was rough and aggressive, I'd practically pounced on him. It was an impulse, not a decision. And he'll never get another first kiss. "Okay, the cinema was a shitty idea, what'd you wanna do?" I asked him, cutting through the loud silence.

"I-I know a pizzeria around the corner?" He suggested, "I swear, no one from school w-would ever go-"

"I don't care about people from school." I interjected firmly. "Is it walking distance? I could do with saving a little gas."

He nodded as we both clambered back out of the car. I glanced around the empty streets, seeing nothing but thick darkness and sleeping cars. So, I shuffled closer and slipped my fingers through his, squeezing his hand in gentle reassurance. He almost stopped walking, his eyes darting between our interlocked hands and my casual expression. But then he leaned in a little closer, squeezing back.