The gift. P.t.1

---Day 6 (Just so ya know)---

"Jumin hasn't logged in all day" I thouhhy in my head, phone in my hands, as I walk to the cafe close to the apartment, ordering a coffee I sit at my table and wait for it. "Maybe I should check again" I whine quietly pulling my phone out of my bag. "No I must not! He's probably busy with work!" I mutter slamming my phone on the table, my order arrives and I grab my coffee and start to drink it. My body was so used to me taking a sip and picking up my phone, that I did that so naturally.

Jaehee: Mc, you're here...

Jaehee: I'm getting a headache from all theese false stories going around.

I sighed heavily noticing my own body went against my word, I sighed into my coffee. The hot steam pushing into my face.

Mc: Jaehee... hello. But what do you mean by false stories?

Jaehee: Articles went out that Mr. Han Sir. gave and interview himself

I place the tips of my fingers on my mouth and start thinking, I needed to read those articles if I was going to understand this situation better, I couldn't see anything on the magazine rack so it would be something to on my phone later.

"Did you hear about Jumin?" I hear two voices behind me talk. I flinched as if the universe was on my side I position myself in the most comfortable position to listern to them "What? About his fiance?" the others says. "Yes, I heard honeslty what a shame." I hear the other agree strongly before they get up and leave "I could of been much better" my eyebrows twitch as I look towards the women leaving.

Mc: How is Jumin?

Jaehee: He is working fine, but is taking care of paper work enormously fast

I sit back and take a sip of my coffee, he wasn't in the chat room because he was working. But my heart still clenched, he was burying himself in paper work, to hide himself from the harsh reality of his farther?

Jaehee: ...Said we should stop all cat related projects for a while

I sit up fast almost choking on my coffee, I finish coughing and look over at a blonde teenager in line looking at me confused. I give him an awkward smile, and turn my gaze away fearfully. That's when you knew there was something wrong about Jumin, even if I'd only known him for a short time that was enough to know about his love for that cat.

Mc: Jumin is really not himself...

Jaehee: I was happy to hear it to be honest, but shocked nonetheless;;;

Knowing Jaehee would be having a hard time I let Jaehee vent about how Jumin loved the cat projects looking over at the shop across the street, "If I got him something to cheer him up" I thought to myself "But would I be allowed to?" I look back to my phone just as Zen arrives. I smile knowing that we'd be able to cheer up Jaehee with Zen.

Mc: Zen! How was the meeting?

Zen: Fantastic!

I placed down my phone letting Zen brag and Jaehee fangirl with out me. "Jumin Han Executive Director of C&R International has been rumoured of having a fiance" I look towards where the sound was coming from. It was a gossip TV station. I finish my coffee and leave the cafe (Paying obviously) I head into the shop near by and look for something to buy.

I look to the messenger to turn for help, but knowing this gift would need to come from my heart, I decide not to "Jumin likes wine... His cat and posh stuff..." I look down each isle carefully before arriving at the cat aisle. I stare carefully at every toy in the aisle and once again "What even is this thing?" I say picking up a stick with a feather attached to it "It's a cat toy~" I hear a woman joke beside me, she was worker and had a smile gleamed across her face, "Sorry I saw you walking up and down here looking confused" I shrug my shoulder and quietly reply "Yeah, I don't have a cat." She snaps her fingers and turns directly facing me "So it's a gift! Tell me about them!"

"Um..." I search the words, surprised by this friendly encounter "He's relatively rich, a cat lover and loves wine." She giggles a little then her eyes almost fill with stars when she pulls me away "I have the perfect gift" She grabs a box then pulls it out. She opens it revealing two cat-shaped cuff links "Ta-da~" she sings placing it my hands, my eyes widened, the universe was truly on my side, "This is so perfect!" I pause and look on the bottom of the box "How much?" She tilts her head and answers

"17910.16 KRW!" I let out a deep breath remembering how poor I was, sighing I nod my head "I'll buy it!" Her smile glows and she takes me over to the till. Buying the items I leave the shop after saying goodbye. "Should I call Jumin to tell him?" I look at my phone and shake my head scrolling to Jaehee's contact instead, she picked up! "Mc? This is strange to be calling at this time" I twirl my hair on my finger as I wait by a bus stop, where the bus is supposed to deliver you straight to Jumin's work. "Jaehee~" I hum "Can ask a slight favour?" I hear a sigh, I quickly add on "It's the easiest favour ever!" She chuckles a bit. Awaiting her answer nervously she answers "Sure, what is it?" My smile grows and I ask
"If I deliver a gift to Jumin can you make sure it gets to him?"

"A-a gift f-for Mr Han?" I nod my head despite Jaehee not being able to see my actions "Yeah! I thought it would cheer him up!" I hear her chuckle again and she replys "I will for you, just say your name is Mc ok" my mood completely changed. Walking to get on the bus I smile and thank Jaehee before hanging up.

---Time skip---

Standing outside a big office building, I hold my bag infront of me and look up at the building. After being disorientated by the height, I take a step back, to check my phone just incase Jaehee had changed plans before I enter the building. The bottom floor shone brightly, I was amazed by it all, "Hello ma'am?" I hear a man behind a desk say. Quickly making my way to the desk I hum a sweet "Hello~" He gives me a welcoming smile "I have a gift for Jumin Han." He types on the computer and looks back at me "Your name is?"

"Mc~" I reply rumaging through my bag. I notice him smiling mischievously at me when I hand him the gift "What do you think about the whole situation?" He grabs my gift and places in a tray with Jumin's name on the box. An elevator rings, ignoring it I keep eye contact with the "The engagement?" I question with air quotes, he nods his head "Just ignore it will you" I chirp I shut my bag and give him a wave and begin to the leave the building my gaze only looking inside the elevator for a short while.

---Jumins POV---

I hear the elvator make it's ring to open it's doors and prepare step onto the bottom floor "The engagement?" I hear a female voice say. I look up from my phone to see a petite woman with soft [H/C] hair, I couldn't catch a glimse of her face and I didn't care, I return to my phone. "Just ignore it will you" my eyes widened from her words, lifting my gaze up from my phone to watch the woman gracefully walk out of the building. Her eyes only meeting mine for a second. Walking towards the desk where the worker looks nervously "Who was that?" He turned around pulled out a box and replied "Mc Sir, she left you a gift." He handed me a box. I couldn't wait, I opened it revealing two cat shaped cuff links inside "Thank you for informing me" I said. Quickly exit the building to try to catch up with the girl, I watch her step onto a bus and pay for the ticket, wanting to see her eyes again. The bus drives by and I try to point her out, with no success I return to the meeting point of my lift and return home.

---Mc POV (Also time skip)---

I arrive home, shutting the door I slide my back on it all the way to be sat on the floor, I place my phone on my lips and smile. I look towards the camera and wave at Seven behind the lens, heading into my bedroom. My medicine alarm goes off to which I ignore "I haven't felt like sleeping all day~" I turn it off and enter the chatroom.

Jumin: You were here... Good.

Mc: Jumin. I was worried! I heard what was happened with your father...

Jumin: I feel like only one thing has gone well today.

I giggle hoping that that well thing was the surprise gift from me, I thought of him tucked in a smart suit but at closer look you see cat cuff links.

Jumin: What do you call this feeling?

Jumin: "Upset"...?

Mc: Of course you're upset...! Are you really okay?

As he says that he's fine, my eyes roll "Your not fine are you" I watch as he get's confused at why he was sharing his emotions. He was like a rollercoaster, trying to hide his emotions, but then suddenly showing them. My frown deepened as I realised that, he was really upset, and there was nothing I could do.