Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

By now... The other student have taken Gakushu to the clinic. He needs medical treatment as soon as possible or things could get even worse and that's the last thing I want, because as much as I hate him...  I'd still wish for him to get better. He's a human too after all.

-Taking Care of Karma-

Y/N P.O.V

The student surrounding the field has left after knowing that I'm here. I choked a sob and pull Karma into another hug.

"Stupid! Why'd you go of and start a fight?! You scared me to death... What if something happens to you!!" I cried out, as my head is leaning on his chest.

Karma place on arm around my waist and a hand on the back of my head. "I'm sorry... I just can't accept it when someone hurts you.. I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to worry you..." He said. I just continue on crying as he gently caress my head softly.

He pulls away to look at me. "I'm sorry that I scare you..." He said again. "Please don't do that again..." I said. He nods his head. Then suddenly, his eyes roll back and he collapse. I quickly catch him before he hits the ground.

"Oh God! Karma... Wake up... Heyy!!" I yell, trying to wake him up. But he didn't. I place him gently on the ground. "Help!!!" I scream. Then a few student come and help me carry Karma. We make our way to the clinic.

Soon we reach the clinic. The nurse said he should be fine. There are no serious injuries. But he needs to rest. Then the nurse leave the room.

I take a seat on the chair next to the bed. I sit there in silent as I watch him sleep. I sigh as I look at his wounded face.

I get up and grab a bucket, then I fill it with cold water. Then I grab a handkerchief from my bag. I soak it with water. Then I turn my attention to Karma.

I bit my lips as I try to be as gentle as possible. I start cleaning the wound on his face. His face contorted in pain, making me wince and pull away instantly. His eyes starts to flutter, then they opens.

"I'm s-sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up..." I said. He looks at me and shake his head slowly. "No... It's okay..." He said. Then he moves to sit up. "Karma... Y-You shouldn't be moving... You are injured" I said. He shakes his head. In the end, I just help him to sit up.

I arrange his pillow, so he could lean on it. I take a seat on the edge of the bed. I continue to clean his wound. His face would show pain in each stroke. But he held it in.

"You really shouldn't have gone to fight like that Karma..." I said. He looks at me. "I just can't see you hurt, Y/N... It hurts me too" he said. I frown, I place the handkerchief on the bucket and hug him. "Karma... I'm fine..." I said. "Your back is covered in scars.... Your wrist is covered in bruises... You can't say you're fine... You're not fine... You're injured. It's my fault... If only I could protect you better... None of this would have happen" He said.

I cup his cheeks gently in my hand. "Listen Karma... Please don't blame yourself like this... You never intended this... You're not the one hurting me... You're the one taking care of me. I know that you're trying to protect me... But things like this could happen any time... You can't expect to protect me all the time... You have tried your best... And I'm so glad to have someone like you... So please... Don't go hard on yourself for something like this, 'Kay?" I said. He looks at me, then he nods his head. I hug him softly. "This will never happen again... I'll protect you better..." He said.

It hurts me to see him like this. He's blaming himself for my injuries, because he thinks he didn't to a good job at protecting me. Well... I have to admit that my back is still hurting. But the wound is slowly healing and I'm okay now. They didn't hurt as much as it did before.

"I know you will..." I whispers, still hugging him. He pulls away from the hug. I smile at him softly. He place a hand on my cheek. He leans in to place a soft kiss on my lips. I kiss him back softly.

"You should rest..." I said. "You'll be here... Right?" He asks. "I'm not going anywhere" I said. He nods his head, then he moves to lay down. His hand searching for something. I place my hand on his, then his hand moves to hold mine.

His lips turns into a smile when he's holding my hand. Which makes me smile softly. I let him hold my hand. He's holding my hand firmly, as if he's afraid that I might disappear if he ever let go. But there's nothing he need to worry about, I'm never leaving him.

His breathing evened out, letting me know that he has fallen asleep. I smile as I watch him. He looks so peaceful. Makes it hard to believe that someone like him could be so brutal. My mind starts to wonder to Gakushu, remembering the wound he have... Caused by Karma. I still can't believe he would do that... Especially because of me. I guess I mean that much to him. I sigh as I watch him sleep.

His hand didn't loose its firmness, even when he has fallen asleep... not one bit. He's really afraid of loosing me. Did I mean that much to him? But do I deserve him.... He's done so much for me. Protecting me.... Making me happy.... Making me feel loved.... Even fight for me. I'm so lucky to have someone like him.

*to be continued*