Canvas ✓

A canvas is blank at the start. And what is painted there is up to you to decide.. wisely. Whether to show emotions through a painting or show talent and skills.

How her paintbrush graze across her smooth canvas, her lips apart due to focus, her silver hair tied into a ponytail, the apron that is tied against her thin waist.

How her long slender fingers hold the pallette so carefully but elegantly, her posture deems a true painter of heart.

-

"Yongsun eonnie! We're gonna be late to class!" A familiar voice called out to the older girl beside the door of the art room, Yongsun turned around and was greeted by a panting Wheein in front of her holding her knees for support and Hyejin following behind.

The three girls ran to their classrooms leaving the eavesdropping painter behind it's room.

The painter glanced at the three fading silhouettes of the girls and smiled fondly.

Walking back to her canvas she picked up her pallette and paintbrush and swiped across the canvas listening to her heart in every move she does.

---

"You're lucky we found you first before Eric did." Hyejin whispered to Yongsun and the latter sighed, knowing that Eric would scold her for being late to class and ruining her reputation as the school council's president.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch to happen.

Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin went towards the canteen side by side as they were greeted by the students crossing them.

The three of them were well known in school.

Yongsun as the school's president.
Wheein as the leader of the Cheer leading team.
Hyejin as the famous MC of the school.

The two girls instructed Yongsun to get a table and so she did. She sat by the window and saw a familiar silhouette, the painter she admired was on a tree afar eating alone her hair untied rather than earlier its now free from the hair tie and flowing freely in the air, her features was on spot. No matter how hard Yongsun tried to leave her gaze on the silver haired painter, she fails.

One layer.

The cushion beside her shifted and broke her from the trance earlier and looked at her side, she saw Eric beside her smiling.

One layer erased.

"Hi honey." Eric cooed and placed his hand on top of Yongsun's and grazed his thumb along the lines of his girlfriend's fingers.

"Hi." Yongsun replied dryly, the truth was she never wanted Eric, but because of the obedient daughter she is, she sacrificed just to save her parent's falling business in the business industry.

Eric's parents wanted Yongsun to be Eric's wife and so the contract starts there.

Eric pecked Yongsun's cheek to cheer her up but Yongsun just glanced at him blankly. Thankfully their awkward tension didn't last long as the two girls earlier arrived at the table.

"Hey." Hyejin greeted dryly trying her best not to ooze her tone with sarcasm since the three of them knew what Eric planned. "Hello Eric" Wheein greeted happily to avoid the conversation to go into dry talking since she knew both her friends hated the boy they were with right now, but she mentally curses Eric when she sees him.

Yongsun turned her gaze to the window and her upset mind turned soft when she saw the silver haired painter smiling at the puppy that passed by and even fed it, the girl behind the window felt her heart flutter.

"Yongsun? Do you want to go on a date later?" Eric suggested a grin plastered on his face while both of the girls on the other side of the table swiftly rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, fine." Yongsun replied dryly turning her attention to the window once again and saw the silver haired painter packing her things up and the gaze of the painter met Yongsun's when she was about to walk away. The mysterious silver haired girl flashed a small smile towards Yongsun and walked away.

One layer of white.

Yongsun felt the urge to follow her and talk to her but the school bell already rang.

Yongsun sat on her desk alone.

She had biology class alone. All of her surroundings turning into white. A thought came across Yongsun's mind

"White as a canvas."

She whispered the four words and her surroundings became colored again, yet she felt lonely but.. peaceful.

When the bell rang she hauled herself out of her classroom and went to the open door of the art room. She saw the painter on her canvas, swiping an acrylic of white paint on her canvas.

She smiled mesmerized by the painter's graceful movements whenever she paints.

"Hey Yongdonnie, let's go." A familiar voice called out and grabbed her wrist and turning her gaze away from the painter's mesmerizing side profile.

Eric was pulling her towards his car and even buckled Yongsun on her seat and closed the door for her and went to his side. "Let's eat somewhere" Eric stated and Yongsun nodded not minding his presence but the image of the painter smiling at her was stuck on her mind.

Yongsun stared at the window beside her staring at the starry night a small smile on her face, Eric glanced at her and frowned to why Yongsun was smiling at nothing.

Yongsun was thinking about the painter. Imagining 'What if she painted the starry night?'.

'It would turn out beautiful.'

"We're here" Eric announced and led the blank Yongsun on the stalls buying anything but doesn't taste Yongsun's standards. Yongsun couldn't help but stare at the acrylics, brushes and canvases on the stall.

It reminded her of the silver haired painter.

Eric groaned in defeat and took Yongsun home.

Editor : If the chapter has checks , it means I'm done editing them