Daniella & Louis

I walked around the bonfire, yelling and cheering with my friends. We were having a right laugh as we drank and partied on the beach, each of us all carrying a red cup filled to the brim with alcohol.

My drink spilled constantly as I stumbled around, a giggle continuously pouring out of my lips. About an hour ago we had decided to drive to the beach and throw a little party- Doncaster was too boring and it was a Friday night.

I looked around for my best friend, Lila, and spotted her a few feet away. I let out a loud laugh when I saw her snogging Stan. We all knew it was going to happen one day.

I let out another cheer and suddenly felt lonely and needy. Lila had her guy. Now I wanted mine.

“Jack!” I called out for my boyfriend. “Jack!”

I plopped down on the nearest log, waiting for the blond boy to come to me. I saw him appear from behind the bonfire, a cup in one hand, a girl in the other. I stood up, maybe too fast, and the blood rushed to my head.

“Whoa,” I stumbled, trying to regain my balance. I dropped my cup on the rocky sand and stormed over to Jack as he laid a sloppy kiss on the girl’s cheek.

“What are you doin’?” I slurred and pointed an accusing finger at him. “You can’t kiss other girls!”

Jack looked over to me with a smirk, his eyes barely open. “Well, what are you going to do?” The girl giggled and took another sip of her drink as she leaned on him.

“You’re a jackass, Jack!” I screamed and everyone turned to us. “I never want to see you fat ass again!” I stormed off away from the party and stopped when I was hidden in the darkness. I was about to pull out my phone to call my sister when I felt a pair of hands grab me around the waist from behind.

“Come on, baby.” He whispered into my ear, his breath reeking of beer. “Don’t be like that.” His hands roamed by body, at bit too close to certain areas for my liking.

“Jack!” I yelped, trying to pull him off of me. I immediately sobered up, trying to escape his strong grasp. Was this really happening? I was too far away from the group, hidden away where no one could see us. “Please, jack. Stop.”

His hands started shaking as he spun me around, squashing me close to his body. My eyes stung with tears. Please, Jack. Please don’t do this.

“Jack, please! Please, no!” I cried as he started to kiss me. “Jack! Stop!”

“Be quiet, Daniella.” He growled, his hands tight around my wrists. “There’s nothing you can do now.”

I continued to cry as he kept kissing me, praying that he would stop.

“Hey, what’s going on here?!” I heard someone yell, and Jack was pulled off of me.

“This is none of ya business.” Jack yelled.

“Daniella, are you okay?” The boy asked me, recognition ringing in the back of my head.

“No- you can’t talk to her!”

There was loud smack and then something fell to the ground.

“Jack?” I asked shakily, my eyes wide as I tried to find him.

“It’s alright.” The boys said and helped me to my feet. The moonlight hit his face and I gasped.

“Louis?!” I squealed and pulled him into a hug. I had known him since before the singing thing, and we were really tight; it was us two against the world.

He chuckled and buried his head into my curly hair, rubbing my back soothingly. He sighed and pulled away. “I’m sorry we had to be reunited like this.”

I shuddered, imagining what could have happened. “I’m just thankful that you stopped him.”

Louis wrapped an arm around my shoulder and brought us to a log closer to the party. I looked at him as the orange flow of the fire lit up his familiar face.

“Are you sure you’re alright? I mean- with what just happened- anyone would be at least slightly traumatized.”

“I just don’t want to think about it, okay?” I whispered and leaned against the childhood crush. We had been through so much together, and after knowing him for so long, I couldn’t help but develop a liking for the Tommo.

We sat there in silence as we watched our friends act like complete idiot and I let myself forget what happened. Louis was home and he was chosing to spend his time with me.

I looked up at Louis and saw that he had been watching me the entire time. “So, how was America?”

He sighed, a smile on his face as he remembered the tour. “Amazing. I can’t wait for you to meet the lads.”

I could tell that he wanted to say something. I’ve known him since I was seven and he was nine; I knew when he was holding something back. “What’s is it, Lou?”

I sat up and looked at him as he stared at his lap.

“You deserve so much better than who you’re settling for.” He states, glancing up at me.

I laugh, brushing off the serious comment. “Well, when you find a good guy who fancies me, give me a ring.”

He holds his breath, like he always does when he says something he’s not sure of. “I know someone.”

I pause. Was he really going where I thought he was?

“Who?” I ventured to ask. I held my breath.

Time dragged on agonizingly as I waited for him to answer. He kept looking at me, trying to read me. Surely after all these years, he had realized my feelings for him.

A slight smirk formed on his lips and he opened his mouth.

“Me.”