Two can play at that game

Zane's POV

Now that I got her to open up to the idea, now was the time to put my plan into motion. Operation fall for Zane Masterson commences. It was going to take some finesse.

I needed her to trust me. Time to turn on the charm.

*******
No offense, but I still didn't trust Zane. Did he think I was born yesterday? If I learned anything is that guys can't be trusted. Look at Troy.

That guy was something else. Now, if Zane had something planned, I wasn't going to fall for it. No way, no how. That gave me an idea. Two can play at that game.

*********
I got to school and found Zane waiting for me. I think I will go this way. I turned and went in a different direction as he stared at me a bit confused.

I entered through other doors hurrying to my locker. Not paying attention, I crashed into someone, causing us both to fall. I landed on someone, as I said, "sorry."

"No worries," he said. I turned to see Zane. Ugh. "See, I told you, you would fall for me, and it hasn't even been a month."

I got up quickly as he did too.

"Do you mind?" I straighten out my clothes.

"Nope," he said, popping the P.

I gave him a look as he walked towards me. I backed up until my back hit the wall. He placed a hand on each side of my head on the wall.

I looked at him as he leaned into me.

"Ever hear of personal space?"

"Ever hear you're cute when you're nervous?"

I gave him a look then pushed him away from me.

"What was that for?!"

"Because I know you have something up your sleeve," I pointed at him.

He took his hand and moved my hand down, "it's not polite to point. Didn't your parents teach you manners?"

I gave him a look and rolled my eyes.

"Let me ask you something, why are you having a hard time accepting this?" He motioned between us.

"Because this is not natural. Like seriously, why the hell would a guy like you want a girl like me?" I spoke with exasperation.

"What are you babbling about?" He said with an annoyed toned.

"You and me. That will never work. See, you think just by kissing me, then you got me, but let me tell you something, this ain't happening," I snapped.

"First off, ain't isn't being used properly."

"What?!"

"Ain't. You misused it. It should be isn't. That isn't happening," Zane corrected me. What the hell was with this guy?

"Now, what seems to be the problem. I'm quite delightful," Zane shrugged.

"Didn't you hear anything I said to you?"

"Yep, and I also know you are just making excuses," he said, moving closer to me.

"Uh, ah," I said, trying to find words. Then before I knew it, Zane pulled me to him and crashed his lips into mine. He took me completely surprise as I gave in and kissed him back. Damn, he had full soft lips.

Then I realized what he was doing, and I pulled away, hauling off and slapping him across the face. My eyes widened, and jaw dropped as he rubbed his side of his face.