#1- b e g u i l l i n g

beguiling

(adj.) charming or enchanting, often in a deceptive way.

MYG

I swiftly grabbed my bag, shoving all the sprawled notes and books into it, turning in the test paper as Mr. Choi continued to bellow out the homework. The bell signaling the end of class rung and students hastily shuffled out of the small classroom, some groaning about the confounding test while others sighed in relief since it was the lunch break, something we were all yearning for since Mr. Choi stepped into the classroom.

I stomped across the busy hallway, keeping my eyes fixated on my worn off shoes, mumbling about how done for I was, having clearly flunked the test. A fleeting thought of arranging a tutor occurred to me and I made a mental note to look for one soon.

Maneuvering across the swarm of students-resisting the urge to yell at the unbearably slow students to walk faster-I successfully made it to the cafeteria.

It was fairly large, with a mezzanine overlooking the rest of the space. The walls were adorned with large windows, allowing ventilation and light to enter, while the ceiling was accustomed with lights. Rectangular tables were strewn across the tiled floor, thronged by students engaging in chatter.

I spotted two familiar heads and scrambled to where they were seated, chuckling as they continued to hit each other playfully.

"I think I just failed the Math test," I grunted, slamming the food tray, causing a soggy French fry to land on the cafeteria table. Taehyung abruptly shoved it into his mouth, heaving a satisfied sigh as he munched loudly, earning a disgruntled glare from both Jungkook and I.

Oblivious to the glares, he proceeded to grab another from Jungkook's tray. Jungkook leaned forward instantly and swatted his hand away. Taehyung, who clutched his hand dramatically, nestled it between his other hand and torso. He moaned and sent a repulsed look his way, sticking his tongue out in the process as the younger shook his head before scoffing.

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook were what a cliché teen fiction author would describe as inseparable. While Jungkook and I were childhood friends, attending the same pre-school and high school, Taehyung moved to Seoul precisely before the senior year.

He'd brood in a corner in all classes we had with him, giving off a melancholic vibe, because of which no one dared to approach his downcast self. Slumped back into his chair, after a month of his arrival, he nervously looked over to where Jungkook and I were seated, instantly tearing his eyes off us after stealing a glimpse. Jungkook looked back at me and shrugged, sharing the same knowing look with me.

Taehyung bumbled inaudibly when we approached his table in the cafeteria, fidgeting in his chair. He grabbed the hem of his over-sized sweater apprehensively, gulping as anxiety overwhelmed his senses, numbing him. He managed to squeak out an evidently nervous 'hey,' marking the beginning of our close friendship.

That was three months ago.

It was an eventful and boisterous ride after that, since Jungkook fell for his undeniable allure, proposing to him after a month of getting to know the peculiar Busan boy.

"Well, since you can't let me have a French fry, you may as well just give me a French kiss to make up for it," Taehyung retorted, shooting finger guns towards the vexed black-haired and winked before seductively leaning into him.

I grimaced and slammed my hands onto the table as I feigned puking, clenching onto my neck. "Do you have to do that; right in front of my salad?"