i was the one

in which el gets her wisdom teeth removed

————————-
april 13th, 1986

mikes pov:

today is the day that my love gets her teeth pulled for the first time.

in all honesty, i think i'm more scared for her than shes scared for herself.

i'm just nervous. i don't know why but i just am.

-time skip-

i walked into the room that el was in with nancy, hopper, and the party following behind me. (they wanted to come with me) and we all looked at el in her loopy state.

the first thing she did was look over at me. "mike!" she said, as if she hadn't seen me in a million years.

"yes el?"

"kiss me now" el said looking at me with playful eyes. this request immediately made me turn a bright crimson as i look around to see everyone snickering except for hopper, which was giving me a death glare.

"i-i don't think that's a very good idea, el" i responded, being careful with my words, as hopper could come up and strangle me at any moment.

"why not?" she said, looking hurt.

"because your mouth is bleeding!" i laughed out, as she let out a shocked gasp and put her fingers to her lips.

"it is? oh no! mike help! make it stop!" she cried, immediately looking around for something.

"el it's okay! it'll stop itself!" i said, still giggling at her obliviousness.

"i need a band aid!" she said freaking out. i grabbed her shoulders.

"el, you can't put a band aid in your mouth. but it doesn't matter because you have cotton in your mouth that stops the bleeding" i explained to her, as as she let out a sigh of relief.

"oh."

"yeah" i breathed out.

el suddenly started speaking, breaking silence.

"mike remember that one time you and me made out in your basement, for like, 20 minutes" el asked, giggling at the thought.

i immediately stood up and put my fingers to my temple, already knowing how red my face was without being told.

everyone in the group started laughing at the thought, dustin even punching my shoulder.

"lucas you owe me 5 dollars" max laughed out. ugh. they bet on us.

hopper was infuriated. he came up to me and i could basically see the steam coming out of his ears.

everyone quieted down at the sound of his yelling, taking their time to see him ruin me.

"don't you DARE even think about taking her innocence away, you understand?" he said pointing to me. "you've done eno-" he started but got cut off by el.

"daddddd stopppp mike didn't start it i didddd!" she giggled out, clapping her hands.

"i was the one to get on top of him and i was the one to start kissing him and i was the one that told him to make out with me like the soaps we watch" el said, making a statement.

"that doesn't make it any less wrong!" hopper screamed, making everyone laugh except him and i.

"whatever you say dad, but it was the best ever. mike made me feel aaaaamaaaaziiiinnngggg" el said, drawing out the 'amazing'

hopper choked on his water. "um, what do you mean by that?" god dammit. hopper clearly thought we had sex.

"dad no!! it wasn't like that! he just made me feel amazing on my lips. not down there, ew, gross!" el exclaimed, clearly offended.

hopper sat down, out of breath. "you scared me kid." "and don't think i'm not mad at you; cause i am. el's just loopy right now and she has no idea what she's saying. so don't get any ideas, kid" hopper told mike, in a threatening voice.

"yes sir" is all i said.

word count: 619
a/n: as you can see bold and italic stopped fucking working again. jfc i hate when it does this it honestly ruins everything because there were points in this story where i wanted to use italic but of course i fucking couldn't. and i always used bold so that's fucking ruined. whatever i hope you enjoyed this long ass story that took me ages to write because of writers block
-sara