brown eyes are boring

in which el faces insecurity and bullies

———————————
mAy 26th, 1986

elevens pov:

why are they so mean? what did i ever do to them?

i cried into my knees on the school bathroom ground as i thought about what they had said.

"hey el!" i turned around as the sound of my name was clear.

"what do you want, jupiter?" i say, while peacefully walking to class.

"we just wanted to say, that you need to break up with mike. he's hot now, and i want him. so, i suggest you do that before something happens" jupiter replied as i stopped in my tracks and looked back at them with a hurt face.

all i say, is "no. he's mine." and i continue walking, trying to ignore them.

"whatever you say, but i will win him over, slut. you are ugly!" i was affected by the words but i didn't want to show my weakness.

that is, until i heard;

"she's so ugly. i don't know why mike chose a girl like her, she's so boring. brown eyes, brown hair, there's nothing special about her" jupiter said to her friend, attempting to be quiet. but it didn't work.

i turned around and ran to the bathroom in tears.

and that's how i ended up here.

i then faintly heard my name being called. it sounded like mike! i got up and ran out the bathroom and ran into his arms and collapsed in tears.

"el, what's wrong? are you okay? did someone say something to you?" mike said, with a worried expression on his face, just letting me cry into his arms. since i collapsed, we were now sitting in the hallway of my school.

i looked up at him. "it was jupiter and her stupid friend...they told me to break up with you because you got hot over the years and they wanted you and i told them no and that you were mine...but they then called me a slut, ugly, and boring. they..." i sniffled. "they said they didn't know why you chose me" i then burst into tears again and mike just held me and whispering sweet things into my ear to calm me down.

"don't listen to them. you are the most beautiful girl i know. hell, i-i don't know how i ended up with someone as amazing as you. i love you." mike said smiling, and i smiled back.

"but...brown eyes are boring" i said, returning back to my frown.

"not on you. when i look at your eyes, i could get lost in them for hours. days, even. they are the best brown eyes ever." mike spoke in a protecting manner.

"promise?"

"promise."

it felt like something that had to be done in this moment.

so i leaned in,

and kissed him.

word count: 465
a/n: honestly the last one shot i wrote was kinda bad because it was rushed (kinda) and i like this one more. and before y'all say anything, jupiter is an 80s name, i fact checked it :) also if you couldn't already tell the italic part is a flashback. anyways, i gotta go eat food so bye loves <3
-sara😴