she stays innocent

in which hopper gets mad a mike

—————————————————————
april 27th, 1987

mikes pov:

me and el were just watching star wars at her house since hop wasn't supposed to be home until 10 pm.

it was currently 9:33 pm, so we had some time to do whatever we wanted, which consisted of tickling each other, quick soft kisses on the lips, and cuddling, barely paying any attention to the space-themed movie.

we were cuddling, when all of the sudden we heard hoppers secret knock. el has to open it when she hears that knock, or else she gets a punishment.

so she opens it, and we sit normally, trying to look like we totally haven't been cuddling all lovey like the whole time.

but it didn't work, he suspected something was up.

"hey kid, i need to talk to you" hop said, pointing to me, my palms started to sweat.

"o-okay" i said in a shaky yet confident voice, standing up slowly, eyeing el as i walked away. 

hopper took me into els room and we sat down on her bed.

"okay listen kid, i know that you and el have a little thing goin on, its not hard to tell ever since the 353 days thing. so if you want to be with her, you're gonna have to follow a couple simple rules." hopper said, leaving me breathing heavily, but covering it up easily.

"okay, w-what are the rules?" i said, trying to break eye contact.

"first off, is there will be no sleeping in the same bed. i know you guys are connected at the hip, but you guys are getting to old to do that. got that, kid?"

"rule number 2 is there will be no cuddling in inappropriate positions, such as her sitting in between your legs" hop said, raising his eyebrows, almost as saying 'i've seen you guys sit like that' which made me sigh.

"okay, is that all? can i go now?" i say, starting to stand up when he pulls me back down. i landed back on the bed with a big thump.

"not yet kid, we're not done here." hopper says as i roll my eyes.

"the last rule is that she stays innocent as long as possible. that means no heavy make out sessions, touching each other inappropriately, and and absolutely no sex. got that?" hopper said, while i looked him like i had just seen a ghost.

"we seriously can't even make out? that's not even inappropriate-" i said, but i get cut off by him speaking again.

"i said no. and if i see any of those things, or hear, we will have a very intense chat. got it kid?" hopper warned, in a very threatening voice, as i nodded slowly.

"you may go now"

word count: 461
a/n: ive always wanted to write a one shot like this, so i decided to finally do it. i hope you enjoyed it lol
-sara💝