five

a/n: I HAD FINALS THIS WEEK,, SO I WROTE THIS LITTLE AT A TINE RATHER THAN ALL IN ONE SESSION AJDKSJ

ANYWAY i have a new layout ft miss jiwoo 😩 lots of angst and kind of fluff (in the beginning) in this chapter... oops

Jinsoul woke up scared, yet so excited. What has she signed herself up for? That she still doesn't exactly know. It's possible she won't make Jungeun fall in love with her. It's possible she'll never see her again after this. Yet, she still wants to do this, whatever this is. Because by now, she's admitted it to herself: she likes Jungeun. A lot.

Pushing herself off her bed in a hurry, she brushed her hair until it was so beautifully straight, threw on her prettiest dress-- or, should she go more casual? Maybe... floral? She looked through her closet, sliding hangers over one by one until she found one she likes. Not exactly formal, but not something you'd wear just any day either. She wrapped a necklace around her neck, then took it off, trying on a new one. She had to look perfect. After all, this was basically her first impression on Jungeun, despite having seen and, well, known well of each other previously.

She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled so softly, so soft and bright. A smile she hasn't seen herself wear since she was a child. And really, she did feel like a child again. Dressing up and playing with makeup, it brings her back to her childhood. To when she would take every chance she had whenever her mom left the house to take hostage of her room, trying on the dresses that were oversized on her, twirling around in them like a princess. She laughed at the memory, and twirled. Now, she feels like a real princess.

It's so weird, but it feels so right. Ever since she entered college, she never would glam herself up. She would wear casual things, even to more formal events. Because that was what people knew her as, they knew she'd never wear such a dress, let alone heels or jewelry. But they didn't know her.

Shortly, though, she remembered; Jungeun didn't know her either. She really only knew what she had shown her. Sure, she knows more about her than some other people may, but that's just her emotional side. There's so many sides to Jinsoul, she has personality. She's not just some playgirl, not a college douche, not just whatever else she'd be labeled as. And while they might be true, there's still more to her than that. If she could, she would go back in time and set a different fate for her at school, to not have to feel like she has to lay with every girl to keep up with her brand. She tried thinking of what else she could see herself as. A good, quiet, model student? Geek? Shy basket case? Girly, cute student? She chuckled lightly at that, if only she could go back in time. Maybe getting to Jungeun wouldn't be so hard then.

Jinsoul looked at her door, reminding herself she should leave and visit Jungeun's dorm before she left to class. She had been thinking about where to take Jungeun for a while now. She wanted it to be special, maybe she was overthinking this. She kept thinking as she walked her way to Jungeun's apartment, which was given to Jinsoul from a mutual friend.

Maybe Jungeun would like to go to a restaurant? Maybe she was a foodie kind of girl, maybe taking her to eat somewhere would be a good choice. Plus, what girl doesn't like food? But, Jungeun is a simple girl. Well- she is complex, but simple, so maybe something more like a park would do. Maybe the movies? There's a new movie coming out, Jinsoul was interested in seeing it... No, Jinsoul, this isn't about you. This is about Jungeun. She hit herself in the forehead for being selfish.

And that's when it hit her- a book store.

Call Jinsoul boring or old-fashioned, but she knew Jungeun loved books. Plus, a lot of their interactions had happened at the library, it just makes sense to go to a book store. She'd even buy Jungeun a book, she recalled Jungeun talking about one she was interested in buying before. She would even bring her to a restaurant after, if she wanted.