"They're like eye freckles, I guess. They're not that noticeable but I just happened to notice them because I'm the one that always looks at your eyes." That was not a good way to express that, he thought with a cringe while Dark Dranzer stared at him with a disturbed expression.

"You sound like such a creep." Dark Dranzer muttered, rolling his eyes, "I can't believe you just said I have eye freckles." He snorted, suppressing a grin, "That's been one of the craziest things you've ever told me. And you've said really dumb things before." He laughed, smiling at him, "Why people think you're some evil maniac with the smarts of a criminal mastermind eludes me. You only say idiotic things."

Dark Dragoon huffed. He'd rather be called dumb than a love-struck fool, that was a fact. He saw Dark Dranzer was facing away from him, the phoenix beast talking about something he didn't want to hear about at the moment. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around the dark phoenix's shoulders, leaning his head on the other's shoulder.

"Hey!" Dark Dranzer asked, feeling an involuntary blush – "Eden, what are you doing? We're in public!" – appear, "What are you-."

"I love you." He announced. Yes, that was nothing like the confession he had planned on saying centuries ago but, hey, it was the 21st century. Saying he'd steal the moon for his love would sound too corny or cheesy, even if it was something he'd be able to do.

"You're joking, right?" Dark Dranzer asked, frozen in place.

"No."

Dark Dranzer was silent. One of his fists was clenched tightly, while the other was raised slightly, wanting to reach out and grab Dark Dragoon's arm. Maybe it was Rin's influence – a day of laughter, a kiss under the mistletoe, a promise, a ring, tears – but this declaration of love almost made him want to cry. How pathetic would that be? Crying after someone confesses their feelings to him.

"You can't be serious, right?" He whispered. He felt other memories besides Rin's – a promise under the stars, a song of reunion and promises, a kiss, tears and laughter – and his eyes widened. Whose memories were those? He leaned closer to the other beast, "So you're-."

"I'm admitting here, you know," Dark Dragoon said aloud, sounding annoyed, "The least you can do is respond."

Dark Dranzer placed his hand on one of Dark Dragoon's arms, now frowning, "You better not have said this because you think you're going to lose, you bastard. If that's the case, I won't consider it a love confession."

"Nah, that's not it," The beast taking over Hiro's body answered, although he wasn't going to say that was one of the reasons for him finally confessing, "It's just been long overdue, you know?"

"So be safe and do not forget your promise to reunite with me. I will be waiting, after all."

Who were those memories from? Dark Dranzer shook the memory away – a sky littered with glittering stars overlooking an equally glittering city – and turned around to look at Dark Dragoon, "Is that so?" He smiled, unfurling his wings and wrapping them around Dark Dragoon protectively, "Then tell it to me after you win, okay?"

"What, you're not going to take my confession to heart?" Dark Dragoon asked, frowning down at the person he'd move Heaven and Hell for. Dark Dranzer smirked, sticking out his tongue at him, "You're the worst person to fall in love with, Suzaku."

"I'm aware." Dark Dranzer said, releasing his hold on Dark Dragoon, "So, are you ready? After Dark Draciel, I-we were worried over you." He took out his blade, seeing it shake and frowning, "Especially because you want to take them on like the fool you are."

"I think I am brave, not foolish." Dark Dragoon muttered, looking up. He closed his eyes, feeling his other half approaching them and opened them, "Say, Chaos is going to have to battle him. Is he cool with that?"