Chapter 9

The sun began to sink into the west and the stars began to litter the sky. The crew headed back to the hideout and the boys began to settle into their beds but all of them seemed way to pumped to go to sleep. "Alright, alright boys! Settle down! If you don't get SOME shut eye, you won't have any energy to anything fun tomorrow!" "But we're having too much fun!" said Slightly as he hung from a root. "Yeah! We're too excited to sleep!" cried the twins. "Well that may be true, but if you don't get any sleep, you won't get to fight pirates and find treasure and go on crazy adventures because you'll be too tired!" Peter explained. "But Peter, we couldn't go to sleep even if we tried! We just aren't tired!" said Cubby. "You could tell us a story." Nibs suggested. Peter rubbed the back of his neck. He had forgotten that the boys could go days without sleep, but looking at Serenity sleepily leaning against Jason told him it was definitely time for bed The boys looked at each other. Peter saw something move off to his left and he looked to see Tootles looking at him curiously. They climbed into their beds and got settled in. Tootles came over to Peter and climbed in his lap. He absent-mindedly played with his hair as Peter thought of which song he could sing. Then the perfect one came to him. It was one he'd sung to Diana on their wedding day, as he knew it was her favourite it one. Peter smiled at him and began to sing. "🎵You and I both, we come from different worlds I'm a small town kid and you're an uptown girl We've both been hurt, we got a few scars But it don't matter now, we're staring at the stars When it comes to my heart you gotta catch and fall Deep down in my soul I know that I would die If I didn't have you how could I ever fly? A hundred miles beyond the sky It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to? It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to now? Remember that day, we knew it from the start We've come a long way and we're gonna go far I see the future in your eyes Forever and always, you and I It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to? It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to now? When we're so close to heaven Then we gonna like this paradise It's gonna be too hard to say Goodnight yeah It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to? It's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to? Oh, it's feeling like we're high above the ground It's feeling like we never coming down 'Til we want to But why would we want to now?...🎵" By the time Peter had finished singing, the others were all fast asleep. He chuckled and tucked the Lost Boys in their bunks, Tinkerbell in her lantern bed above his head and then headed off into his room. He settled Jason and Serenity onto his pillow by his face. "Goodnight, you two..."