Chapter 2

Jason sat in the back of the classroom
Merely doodling in his notebook. He didn't really care for school, he'd rather have fun and play around outside. He suddenly felt a paper ball smack his face. "Hey, baby! Where you going?!" 'Don't lose your temper, don't lose your temper, don't lose your temper...' Jason repeated that over and over in his head. Suddenly he felt a smack to the back of his head, causing him to fall down. Jason held his head, trying to get himself together. He vision wavered and he got to his feet, stumbling a few times. "Aw, what's the matter, going to have your mommy and daddy tell you bedtime stories?" That was it for Jason. They could pick on him all they want, but no one, repeat, no one made fun of his parents and got a way with it. He was blind with rage as his fist landed a blow....Diana nursed her son's injuries, after putting her daughter down for a nap. She had been informed of her son apparently being involved in a fight at school. The teacher had also informed Peter on the incident as well, and he wasn't too pleased. "How many times have we told you not to pick fights?" "But dad, you didn't hear what they said about you and mom!" Jason protested. "That's no excuse! Jason, this childish nonsense of you picking fights needs to stop, you're almost eleven for goodness sake!" Jason's heart shattered right there on the spot. He and his father used to be so close, but now, it seemed his dad was changing, and the bind they had was slowly falling apart. The second Peter saw his son trying not too cry, he realized he might have gone too far. "Jason...I-"  "STAY AWAY FROM ME! I HATE YOU!" Jason bolted out of the room and into his room, slamming his door shut. Peter felt his heart crack at the sound of wood hitting wood echoing. Diana placed her hand on his shoulder. "I'll be in my study if you need me..." Peter's tone was almost emotionless as he headed down the hall. Diana didn't know what she could do to keep her family from falling apart.