Ch. 29

The fall formal is now three weeks behind me, and I think I've been wearing the same bra for the entire time

The fall formal is now three weeks behind me, and I think I've been wearing the same bra for the entire time. Luckily, we have a long weekend off from school, and I plan on just chilling in my bed. Like I am right now. I watch a stupid television show, almost falling asleep in the dead of day.

Gwen and Mason have been growing closer. Instead of sitting with us, Mason sits with Gwen at her table. Jake still stays with us, and even Marc and Lance moved over to our table. Lance talks more now, due to Morgan. It's been weird, but I think that Lance and Morgan actually have a weird thing going on. Morgan giggles a lot more, and Lance actually tries to talk to me. Marc usually talks to Alex and Jake, but will occasionally include me in things. Since Jake's arm is mostly wrapped around me.

Not only has Gwen and Mason grown closer, but Jake and I as well. It's weird, but when I smile, I actually mean it. Somehow, I'm actually happier with Jake. When I think about Mason, I no longer feel a pain in my stomach. Instead, I feel like he's in the past and all I have now is Jake. He's so sweet and caring. And he's proud to date me. I really like him.

Suddenly, I hear Mason's door open and his feet walking across the floor. I perk up in my bed, rubbing a hand through my hair. Then I do something stupid and run to my door. I open it just as he reaches it. We look at each other, stare, then pass. I make sure to look like I was going to the bathroom, and he keeps walking down the hall. I look over my shoulder to see him already doing the same thing, staring at me. Taking a deep breath, I send a little smile his way. He doesn't return it.

Through it all, Morgan has convinced me to try and make amends with Mason. We can't live together like this, so I decided to actually try to be some sort of friends. It's not working.

Mason leaves the house, closing the door. I pause in the hallway and look right into the bathroom. Memories of him showering in there while making me get him the soap flashes into my mind and I shake my head. Then I march right past the bathroom and into his room. Everything is still how I remember it, except for the photo tucked in his drawer I know is there. I walk to it, only to see it buried under socks. I grab it out and see the familiar horses. I stare at us looking at each other. I miss that day. Shaking my head, I rip it down the middle and take my piece, of me and Ivory. I let him fall back into his drawer and then run to my room. I put mine in my drawer, grinning at Ivory. I really did enjoy riding Ivory. I should go back.

Suddenly, my door barges open as I look at my drawer. I slam it shut and turn around to see Morgan walking in with a huge grin.

"Whats up?" She yells and then plops down on my bed. I turn around, clearing my face of any sad emotion and look happy for her.

"Nothing. Just looking for something," I lie. Morgans props her eyebrow up.

"What?"

"A pencil," I say randomly. Morgan points across my room to my desk, where at least fifteen pencils lay. I nod and grab one. "Right." I nod my head and start writing something down on a piece of paper. I write ivory and whiplash down.

"Ah, okay," Morgan leans back on the bed, closing her eyes. But then she brightens when she remembers something. "Actually, I came here for a reason."

Normally, Morgan comes to my house for no reason, other than to eat my food and hang out with me. So I turn around in my seat, placing the pencil down and smiling at her.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. So lately, you've been down in the dumps since, you know...Mason," Morgan lowers her voice when she mentions Mason. I nod slowly, looking down and losing my smile. Somehow, I'm thankful Morgan knows about Mason and me--knew. Knew about Mason and I. Because now I have my best friend get through my break up. I can't imagine what I would've told her if she didn't know about Mason and me.

"Uhuh," I agree.

"Well, I have something that will raise your spirits."

"Oh no," I sigh. Anything Morgan says will raise my spirits will do something much more than 'raise them'. She'll make sure that they are above the bar of raised and that I should drop out of high school after.

"A Halloween party!" Morgan squeals, jumping up. I lean back against my desk and stare at her as she wiggles on the bed. It is Halloween weekend, hence the reason we have a long break.

"Seriously?"

"It's either that or trick or treating," Morgan says as she laughs. I shake my head no and laugh as well. I can't remember the last time I went trick or treating.

"Uh, party. Whose?"

"Marcs!" Morgan says, more than happy to tell me where a party is. I roll my eyes and the tap my pen across my hand.

"Uh, sure. When?"

"Tomorrow," Morgan informs and rolls around to the other side of my bed. "So we need costumes."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I already picked them out and I have them in my car. Guess what we are going as." I stand up and walk out the door. Morgan follows me, knowing I'm already going to see them. "I said guess, Ken," Morgan grabs my arm. I shake my head and walk down the stairs and into the car. What I see makes me roll my eyes.

"Deer?"

"Reindeer. We are going at Rudolph."

"We? Isn't it one reindeer?"

"Yeah. But we are going to be sexy ones." My eyebrows crush together and I close my eyes, pulling away.

"It's a male reindeer, Mor," I pull away from her and look down at it. There's antlers and everything. I see dark brown leggings and combat shoes matching the same color.

"Fine. Well, lose the red noses."

"Only male deer get antlers."

"Not reindeer."

I just shake my head and roll my eyes before laughing. "Alright. Whatever. We will be reindeer."

"Perfect!" Morgan claps and twirls on her feet. I laugh as I watch her and grab out the fake antlers.

~*~