Chapter 36

Third Person POV . . .

           Gazel stepped out of the small bus, with a swollen cheek, and stared painfully at the appartment in front of him. Jane sure gave him a good beating, and he already regretted answering all her phone calls.
His left cheek was like a tomato: red, and swollen. Plus, as a payback for his nosey habit, Jane had messed up his once beautifully combed hair, which now looked like a fuzzy hobo.

" Curse my existence " he mumbled under his breath, and sighed heavily. After a few seconds, Jane hopped out of the caravan. While being accompanied by Torch, Leo, and Byron. The long, blonde-haired boy shot him a mischivious wink as he passed by. Gazel simply mumbled insults at the blonde, brushed his fingers through his messy hair. Torch poked him in the ribs with his elbow, and he could not help but wince. Jane noticed nothing, since she was being distracted by Byron, who was leading her to her room. The teen boy sent a punch in the red-head's stomach, while wishing nobody say anything.
"You fre-", but before Torch could finish his sentence, Gazel elbowed him him in the ribs, but the poor red-head swollowed his scream.
" When are you going to give up idiot? Or are you taking a risk of hurting her again?", Gazel asked , while staring carelessly at the red tulip.
" That is what I get from saving you from Jane's psycho attack?", the cold-hearted boy ignored his friend's complaining, and waited patiently for him to recover. Torch knew his team-mate would not answer him, and started walking to the appartment, with the silver-haired boy tagging behind him.
His arm was wrapped around his stomach, and he would wonder how much his old rival has changed through their years, since their childhood. Every few minutes he would glance at the teen boy behind him, until he finally reached his room. Without wasting a second, he turned to his friend, and gave him 'the thumbs-up.' A small smile lightly cracked on Gazel's lips, and created a victory sign with his fingers. Without exchanging a signal word, the two boys turned their backs to each other at the same time, and walked away from each other. Gazel headed to the field, and Torch simply walked into his room silently, but what they did not notice were the three black figures standing in the shadows.

          " They sure are something else", Jane whispered to Byron, who was standing right next to her. The blond male simply smiled in satisfaction at the girl's words, and turned to Leo. The twelve year old boy was lying on the floor for ten minutes, eyeing Gazel as he walked further down the hallway.
" He is still jealous", he mumbled I  disappointment. Byron followed his friend's gaze, and stared uncomfortably at Gazel's back. The idiot had been isolating himself ever since the game. Something was annoying him, and it surely was not jealousy.
"I don't think it is jelously", Jane had raced him to the sentence, and he nodded at her opinion." It is that boy".
This took Byron by surprise. Who was she talking about? Did he miss an important fact?
Before he could think of any other question, Jane started strolling down the same deserted hallway Gazel had been walking through, while being accompanied by Leo, whose eyes were glowing with curiosity.
"Your not going after him, are you?" but Jane nor Leo replied.
The answer was obvious, and they strolled down the hallway, after their team-mate. A heavy sigh escaped Byron's lips, and he joined the two teens.
" Just remember, I am doing this to win the FFI nothing else", he mumbled in an unexpected grouchy manner.
Jane and Leo ignored his warning, continued walking.

           After a few minutes, they finally reached the green field, and scurried behind the large cherry blossom tree for cover. All three friends peeked at Gazel practicing by himself, and Leo's eyes were sparkling like stars as he watched to his team-mate practicing. Byron sigh in disappointment at his team-mate's childish actions.
"I still find him weird. Even though Torch saved him from Jane's tantrum, he still does not open up a lot." Byron mumbled, while glancing at Leo.
"Tell that to Jane, she still loves him after all this drama", the young teen replied to his friend's opinion. Leo certainly felt Jane and Gazel's relationship was really awkward. He did not want to judge, but he always sensed that the two were fearing to cause each other trouble. To Leo's mind, love was something weird, and irritating. As for Jane, she ignored the two boys, and had had her eyes focused on the black and white ball Gazel was dribbling through the field. Something about the way the silver-haired boy played inspired her. A strong, yet gentle breeze blew by, brushing through Jane's hair like a comb. For a second, the girl felt as if she was locked up in herself, the same yokai from before seemed to appear in her vision. He was standing right beside the goal post with a smirk plastered on his face, his toxic-blue wings flapped a few times, before another gust of wind blew by, but this time it sent chills down the girl's spine. Jane rubbed the side of her shoulder nervously, remembering what happened the last time she met him. The yokai's torn, black cloak fluttered through the air, he lowered his hood, covering his eyes, before disappearing into thin air.
"What are you doing here?", the cold voice snapped her out of her trance, and she slowly turned her face to Gazel,who was staring at her, Byron, and Leo, with a pissed expression.