six

A/N: this exists because I love fillers and meaningless nonsense so here you go lmao

this was mostly borne because I felt incredibly hyped after the latest ikontv episode—I'll get to the good stuff next chapter, I promise :')

———

It was odd really that Hanbin didn't see Jiwon around school at all after the underground hip-hop night until he realised that he never used to, so why would he now?

Well, when you get to know someone, you start to look forward to seeing them more.

Was that the case here?

Hanbin and Jinhwan were just talking against the wall at the edge of the hall, the place that was basically turned into a hang-out out of class hours for the people who lived there in the dorms. They went there a lot for just random reasons, and sometimes Donghyuk or Yunhyeong, maybe both, would join the; or very rarely, a certain Junhoe would make an appearance. Hanbin was fine with him but Jinhwan barely knew the guy, so he'd always stay two minutes at the most.

It always started off and ended up with Hanbin and Jinhwan.

"He said I had potential, and while I call absolute bullshit, it was kinda nice to hear?" Jinhwan said uncertainly, pointing his flapjack at Hanbin for his input and the younger only shrugged, saying, "Everyone likes compliments, you're no exception."

"No but dude, I suck at volleyball."

"So what, you suck at everything-"

Hanbin giggled as Jinhwan punched his arm, scowling as he took an aggressive bite of his flapjack and it was one of the cutest sights ever. To be honest, Hanbin was multitasking between listening to Jinhwan and admiring him like the creep he was. He couldn't help it, not when Jinhwan was looking so ethereal in light pink and his hair that he was growing out. He was absolutely glowing today, like some kind of pearl.

God, Hanbin really wished Jinhwan knew how pretty he was. He was stealing his heart every day because of it, but it wasn't like he minded.

"Yo, can you imagine me as some kind of legendary volleyball star?"

"Pfft, so you'd be basically Hinata from Haikyuu who may I remind you is sho-"

"I'm not short, stop!" Jinhwan grumbled, glaring daggers while Hanbin raised his hands in surrender. "Well, excuse you 'cause I was actually gonna say shockingly good at jumping."

"Yeah, sure you were-"

They were both cut off when someone suddenly took hold of Hanbin's shoulders and spun the guy around, making him open his mouth to question it before he was met with a very curious-seeming Kim Jiwon. "Oh-"

"Can you dance?" Jiwon straight-up asked and Hanbin blinked, muttering in confusion, "Well, hello to you too..."

"I was just wondering 'cause...on stage, it really looked like you had some moves. Or that you were capable of it." Jiwon smirked as his hands went a little lower, his fingertips dancing against Hanbin's sides and the latter froze. "Kind of wonder what you'd be like in bed..."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, u-um-"

"Can you stop tainting this bean, thank you very much?" Jinhwan asked with a raised eyebrow, pulling Hanbin away from Jiwon whose eyes lit up when he caught sight of the former. "JINHWAN-HYUNG!"

"That's me, yes, yay, but since when do you two ever interact?"

"Since we fell deliriously and undyingly in love with each other, duh," Jiwon said so matter-of-factly, pulling Hanbin towards him again but Jinhwan only tugged him back. "Oh, that would never happen in a million years-"

"Excuse you but I'll have you know that Hanbin likes me a whole lot-"

"Pfft, even I don't like you all that much-"

"HEY, CAN YOU NOT ATTACK ME-"

Hanbin felt both ignored and too centred, which was...strange, so he ripped his arms out of both of their holds and was just about to walk off to avoid imminent danger but Jinhwan held him back. "Hey, where're you going?"

"You guys seem to be heating up a bit so..."

"Pfft, that was all a joke, we love each other really!" Jiwon cheered, tackling Jinhwan into a back-hug that made the elder groan as he tried and failed to push the guy off. And Hanbin grinned, shaking his head as he finally walked off and he actually got pretty far before he heard racing footsteps behind him and Jinhwan's voice yelling, "OI STOP, BOB, YOU'LL BREAK HIM-"

Hanbin blinked, bracing himself a little but then there was a strange turn of events; Jiwon just ran straight past him. "...wha-"

"DUDE, WE'RE LATE TO CALCULUS!" Jiwon screeched, flapping his hand behind him frantically to gesture for Hanbin to follow him. "WE GONNA GET SKEWERED-"

"Hyung, Calculus isn't for another hour-"

"Just let him go," Jinhwan said solemnly once he reached Hanbin, patting the younger's back. "He brought this upon himself."

"I'm so confused."