"Get your lazy ass out of here, Nira," my conscience blurts out and I'm going to obey it without complaining for once.

I've barely moved to get up when the one and only Aidan Finn walks through the door like he's been watching me waiting for the right moment to show up. "Fuck!" I think while taking my phone to call Winston: where's my boss when I need him? Someone clears his throat close to me and I realize that the Irish guy has sat down on an armchair next to my couch... I take a quick look around me to confirm that the couple is still sitting at their table and Angela is still behind the counter although she hasn't realized that a new customer has arrived while she keeps placing glass on the shelf. Well, at least I'm not alone and I don't think he'll try anything here... we're in the Continental after all.

"You did a good job this morning with Dragan's problem..." the red-headed whispers with a smile on his face that sends a shiver down my spine.

"Thank you," I whisper back while I look at him out of the corner of my eye and I make sure that anybody else leaves the bar at the same time. I can't stay here alone with him.

"I've never doubted your skills, you're very good at your job... that's why I chose you to find that arms dealer that had screwed my business... but you refused to do it..."

"I already explained you the reason why..."

"I know, the Company's interests always take precedence over the mob's particular interests, above all since you joined us some years ago... the problem is that you have put me in a very uncomfortable position after your refusal." Angela has finally realized that Finn is sitting by my side but, before she can come closer, he gestures at her to tell her that he doesn't want anything to drink so she smiles and goes back to her work without noticing that I'm getting tensed. Oh shit... I need to keep him busy, to force him to keep talking till Ares comes back or Winston actually bothers to show up.

"Why that deal was so important to you?"

"It was my first big deal, you know. Some sort of... test. My dad is one of the big leaders of the Irish mafia, highly respected and esteemed by everybody. He was the best during long years... unfortunately he's always thought that his only son is a good for nothing, no matter how much I've tried to change his perception... it seems that I always do everything wrong according to him and according to the rest of the mob as a consequence. They always take my dad's side and against me. I've fought for years asking for an opportunity to show him that I could be able to run the business as well as he does... and I was doing pretty good, during a couple of months I made some little deals that proved to be advantageous for our organization so my dad accepted to commission me to buy a substantial amount of weapons. Unfortunately, the arms dealer screwed us, he took our money and ran away without giving us anything so I decided to seek revenge, as was my duty... but you refused to give the information I needed. Now my dad and his friends think that I'm useless and unable to deal with a 'delicate' situation, as they call it, so they've decided to keep me away from big business... and it's your fault."

Those last words leave his mouth in a furious tone of voice and I can't help fidgeting on the couch. I knew that his father was a historic leader of his mafia and I supposed that Aidan would inherit the leadership but is he's unable to deal with crisis situations it's not my fault. We can't afford a war between arms dealers in the Middle East just because he needs to earn merits and make his dad happy.

"Do you know the worst of all? My dad could have been more understanding if the person that screwed our deal were the leader of other crime syndicate, a powerful man with money, but no... the person that has screwed me is a woman, and what's worse, younger than me... you're barely a child," he hisses with rage. I look at him shocked at first and then I frown; in fact, I'm starting to get a little upset. Apparently, my enemy is a stupid papa's boy and also a disgusting sexist.