Sentenced

I couldn't help myself. I really wanted to post a new story for you guys so here it is. Now this story is a WIP. So that means updates aren't on a set schedule. My goal is to post at least every other week or once I write a chapter, I'll post a new chapter as half of this story is written.

So I hope you guys enjoy this!

And also check out my tumblr under this same penname for updates on ALL stories of mine.

__________________________________

In all the years Jax has known Noelle and has become familiar with her anger and cold fronts, this is something he isn't used to.

He is scared if he breathes wrong that she might kill him or break down in hysterics. He thinks both are likely to happen by the end of the night. She hasn't looked at him once since she picked him up on his bail. She didn't offer him a hug or any type of greeting. All she did was wrap her arms around her small exhausted frame in her oversized cardigan. He thinks considering he was inside for two weeks for his hearing and the nature of his case, she had a lot of time to come to terms what this meant for her and their family.

And he knows the mature and smart thing to do would be to talk about what this means for them, but right now he just wants his wife. He wants to hold her and for the night to fuck away all his troubles. Yet, he knows that will be highly unlikely giving how tight she is gripping the steering wheel and the way her lips are pursed into a thin line.

God, she didn't even hug him as he was escorted out. Even when she was pissed at him she would hug him while slapping or punching the shit out of his chest. Now, she only looked at him while she held the paper that contained the terms and conditions of what it meant to be on bail. His stomach drops as he hasn't even been sentenced yet and if she is acting like this now, he imagines it is going to be worse when he actually begins his sentence. Rosen had already informed him that he would be doing some years. Years.

He thinks the 20 minute ride felt like an hour before Noelle is pulling into the driveway of their family home. Their recently purchased home for their expanding family. Everything seemed to be going good in his life and now this happened.

They wordlessly exit the Escalade and enter the house through the front door and he is instantly bombarded by his mother. Unlike Noelle, she clings to him and hugs him tightly.

"You okay?" She asks and he realizes Noelle has moved into the kitchen, but she is watching the scene with unseeing eyes.

He nods his head at his mother. "Just happy to be home." He tells with a grim smile.

"The kids miss you," she tells him and it does little to warm the cold from his wife. "I'm surprised I was able to get them to sleep."

Jax smiles at the thought of his kids. While he sat in county, he didn't know how he was going to do the time now. Before it was easy when it was just him or when it was only for a short stint, but with this charge he would be gone for a while. Years, he repeats in his head. He wonders how in the hell he was going to explain to a six and four year old that he would be gone for years.

Yet, his mom seems to feel the tension between him and Noelle as she doesn't linger and presses a kiss on his cheek and leaves the house.

Five years of being married, Jax knows he needs to tread carefully with Noelle. Because now he thinks that she isn't sad for him about to be locked up, but pissed. He is going to be leaving her alone with three kids all under the age of five and one of them just cleared of having a clean bill of health from the family flaw. He runs his hands down his face as he throws his hoodie and kutte onto the coat rack.