live and die on this day.[41]

Start from the beginning

That's all i saw was white. The trees were white, the rocks were white; i wondered if i had been gone color blind.

My teeth had been chattering for a good ten minutes, and i could feel myself starting to slow down. I felt sleepy and knew that was one of the first signs of hypothermia. The longer i walked, the more my eyelids drooped. We had been walking for hours and i could feel the frostbite nipping at my flesh despite the Coat Sasori had let me wear whilst he wore my sweater, another old sweater that he had found and the one he originally came with whilst his scarf was wrapped around his head.

The red head was near his breaking point, he just knew it as his legs gave out from under him. Immediately, Tsugumi shuffled through the 4 inch snow to his aid. He couldn't help but scowl lightly at how pathetic he was.
Suddenly, the navy haired teen crashed in the snow behind him. He could feel her nose and face mushed into his back as they just sat their breathing heavily. "We're gonna die out here aren't we..."

My breath hitches at his calm words. Are we really going to die out here? "Might as well die trying right?" I chuckle bitterly. Forcing myself up through the mounds of snow that had piled on us, i shakily wrap his arm around my shoulder. We begin walking with no destination as the leafless trees passed over us.

My ears twitch at the sound of light shuffling.  Eyes darting behind me, i frown finding nothing.  'It was like someone no something was watching us...'

"ACHK!!!" The birds ahead of us fly away from his blood curling scream as this time it was my turn to look on in terror. My eyes zone in on the small rusted metallic jaw like trap clamped onto his lower calf. 'No, no, no...' i mentally plead falling to my knees beside his groaning form. I reach out and try to pry the trap off with what little strength i had. "I c-cant get it off?!" My voice cracks in panic as his blood began to coat my finger tips. His groans of agony only responded.

*SNAP*

The forest silenced as ferral growls sounded around us. My heart begins to beat fast at our predicament as i shakily cover my ears in agitation at everything going on around us. 'Shut up. Shut up...'

Tears began to prick my eyes as i begun to hyperventilate; the wild creatures noises mixed with the blaring wind. Suddenly, a hand reaches out and pulls me in. My eyes widen as Sasoris forehead rested against mine. His clearly pained hazel eyes drill into mine. "Breath."

I inhale heavily unaware of the large 4 legged canine emerging from the cold fog that slithered through the trees.
A much larger growl full of animalistic authority makes us both look at the animal. A large black wolf stared us both down in hunger. "So this is it huh brat?" Sasoris husky voice comments with a chuckle.

"Don't think this means i forgive you..."

Sasori smirked lightly at the stubborn girls words. He had secretly hoped he...well she now had forgotten about what he had said. His hazel eyes shifted to rigid girl beside him, his bleeding trapped leg no longer clouding his mind.

"Are you afraid..." He asked.

I keep silent, my gaze slowly down casting as my heart thundered in my chest. The snow underneath us coated with his blood...For once...I was actually afraid-. But, it wasn't the wild snarling wolves around us that had me feeling so helpless...Feeling terrified... I nearly jumped out of my skin as a hand intertwines with my own through the snow. My eyes shot up meeting soft hazel and instantly I felt my emotional defenses breaking as my eyes crinkle with unshed tears.

"I'm scared too."

I purse my lips at his words. Unconsciously, I squeeze his hand, nodding my head lightly keeping my orbs connected with his, feeling the alpha towering above us. Letting a defeated smile grace my features, he matches it with a smaller one not once sparing a look to deaths doorstep. Time slowed as a feral growl rumbled throughout the clearing, the large wolf along with the pack lunged at us.

*BANG*

My jaw drops as an armored SUV busts through the canopy ramming right into the black wolf and the other wolfs scattering. Two figures hop out the car standing around us protectively. A certain raven with 2 dual wield pistols and a blonde bomber with a pump shot gun. An albino head suddenly pops out of the window of the car with a grin. "Get in whores!"

Itachi and Deidaras shoulders slump with sweatdrops. "So much for a bad ass entrance un..."
Itachi sighs in relief, "You two do not know, the half of what we had to go through to find yo- "

"YOU HIT IT!?"

The 3 males jaws drop as the navy haired teen hovered over the dead wolf animatedly crying.
"Are you fucking kidding me you girly lookin prick, if i hadnt gotten here in time you two wouldve been that shits lunch?"

"We were on their Turf?! Wolfs are like gangs, they're territorial!"

Sasori rolled his eyes at the prettyboys antics but gritted his teeth in pain as Itachi unclamped the bear tramp from his calf. Deidara immediately wrapped the thawed wound in bandages. "You're lucky the snow kept the bleeding steady and numb otherwise you would've been dead by now un..." Deidara muttered wrapping the injured redheads wound. He wasnt as good as Kakazu but he had some basic knowledge in the medical field. Once they had Sasori suported into the truck, Hidan put it in reverse.

"What happened to you guys?" I drone tiredly gripping the coat tighter. The only thing under here was my bandaged chest which still didnt hide the fact that i had big boobs.

"Like i said. We went through a lot to find you two?" Itachi muttered. Theyre clothes were ruffled and there were even some bullet holes in their vests. He suddenly reached into his pocket and showed me a live screen video.
"You guys caught Kabuto!" I inhale sharply.
"We've been interrogating him. But...." Itachi drones off his stoic  eyes averting from mine through the rear view mirror. "We have orders to keep you away from Kabuto."

"What?" i hiss,the warm temperature in the car dropping a few degrees.

Sasoris lidded eyes shift to the Yakuza in slight interest. He didn't know why Tsugumi hated the man so much aside from him being apart of the sound. She hadnt told the Akatsuki specifically what happened the day she became a fugitive. The only one who knew more then them was Nagisa and Tsugumi had strictly ordered them to not bring the subject up.

"Pein thinks this personal vendetta of yours against the sound, Kabuto specifically is...well risky. What you did back at the cabin was reckless. If we hadn't been able to identify Orochimaru; Pein wouldve suspended you from anymore future missions..." Itachi addressed.

"He killed Tayuya and wouldve kille-"

"Theyre enemies Tsugumi." Itachis usual taunting eyes pierce mine through the mirror following a deafening silence.

"Why the hell did you run out there anyway un?"  Deidara questioned with raused brows on right. 

A frown graces my face as memories from the night resurface. My eyes shift to Itachis briefly, "I owe her my life." I answer simply.

"But look on the fucking bright side? Now that you're back, that red haired bitch of yours can finally start talking." Hidan snorts as the silhouette of the city showed in the distance on the road. The snowy scenery had thinned out letting us know Tokyo was not far long.

"What? Karin's still with you?" I narrow my eyes at the thought of her true mission. It was likely she was sent to get close to me to locate Nagisa.
"I don't have anything to say to her."

"Well she has a lot to say to you un. She wont say a word to anyone but you."

"Why?" My brows furrow but Deidara just shrugs in response.
"Beats me un."
||