Chapter 2 a happy life shattered

Tygra was a healthy cub. He was growing very healthy and strong. As he grew he showed to be a young cub just so full of life. He was very playful and loved being around his mother and father.

Javan loved looking into the crib that held the sleeping Tygra when he was a baby. "Javan don't wake Tygra again." Sirbriena said.

"I'll try not to," Javan said.

Javan would pick up his son when he reached out to him. "Who's going to be chief of the tigers some day? Who's going to be chief of the tigers some day?" Javan said tickling Tygra making the cub laugh.

Tygra grew and now he was two years old. He was very vibrant. Tygra would run around wearing out anyone who tries to play with him or catch him.

Tygra loved to explore. He saw some mountain Tik-tiks  "Tik-tiks," he said. 

"Javan have you seen Tygra?" Sirbriena asked.

Javan pointed at the Tik-tik herd. "It's impossible keeping up with him." she said.

Tygra continued to grow and grow. He was now four years old.

"My sweet little Tygra," Sirbriena said.

Tygra hugged his mother. "Mommy," Tygra said.

"There's my boy," Javan said.

"Daddy!" Tygra said and ran over to Javan and hugging him.

Tygra had a very happy life nothing could ruin how happy this time was for a child.

But then that time ended. Tygra and the other cubs were out playing and heard growling.

"Whose growling?" Tygra asked.

"Not me!" the cubs said at once.

There growling became louder. The cubs were sure they saw glowing eyes. They shrieked and ran to their parents.

Sirbriena held her son. He was very scared. 

"Growling and glowing eyes." Tygra said.

"It's okay Tygra," Sirbriena said.

The tigers knew something was a footprint and they needed to do something. 

The council began to talk. "We need to do something to keep the children safe." Javan said.

Many of the council members agreed. The children were a big priority.  They began to discuss what it might be. But it was growing late the tigers turned it in for the night.

The next day the tigers were out forging. The cubs were playing. They were very happy. 

But Tygra was uneasy after what happened yesterday. "I wonder what was making that sound." he said.

"Well don't over think it Tygra. After all your daddy is the chief. He'll know what to do," one of the cubs said.

They heard growling again. The adults heard it too. They called the children over. "Tygra come!" Sirbriena shouted.

A monster appeared. It was huge, it had teeth like jagged metal, fangs like swords, claws like knives, a blade on it's tail like an ax and it's horns were like spear heads.

"Everyone run get away from the creature and try to head towards the village." Javan said.

The tigers started running. Tygra was rushing as fast as he could. The monster was chasing Tygra. 

"Tygra!" Javan said and he got his sword out and began to fight the monster. Tygra was dangling on branch on the cliff side. 

"Daddy!" Tygra cried.

The monster ran off.  Javan went to the cliff and saw Tygra holding on for dear life to a branch. 

"Daddy!" Tygra cried.

"Hang on Tygra!" Javan said.

He started to reach down there was cracking sound. Then the branch broke and Tygra fell.

"NO!" Javan yelled. He started crying. He went back to the clan.

"Javan where's Tygra?" Sirbriena asked.

Javan felt tears coming to his eyes. "Tygra is gone he was holding to branch after the creature made him fall. I tried to get him but the branch broke and he fell. He's gone," Javan said.

"No! My baby!" Sirbriena said.

Javan held his wife close. The tigers all got close to the leader and his wife joining in their grief.

Meanwhile in forest at the foot of the mountain. Tygra sat up he saw he was on a branch. He climbed down from the tree. "Mommy! Daddy! Where are you?' Tygra called.

Tygra didn't know where he was. Tygra feared the monster got his friends and family.

But he wasn't giving up hope. He was going to find them. But where was he going to look?

Poor Tygra he felt so lost and alone in the world. 

Now what was he going to do?