( t w o )

EDITED

( t w o )

When I regained consciousness, I didn't recognize my surroundings at all. I seemed to be in an unfinished basement, but I had no idea if I was still on Long Island or not. There were two guards at the foot of the stairs - the big girl I'd hit in the stomach, and the blonde guy I'd knocked out.

My hands were tied sloppily to a support beam, but I managed to inconspicuously untie the knot binding me there. I twitched my leg a bit and felt the reassuring weight of Arch there. My bow and quiver were lying a few feet away. My eyes scanned the two guards' armour and weapons. They didn't have much armour - just chestplates - but the girl held a spear that occasionally crackled, which meant it was probably electric, and the boy was holding a golden coin in one hand. Didn't seem like a very good weapon to me, but I remembered that his sword had flipped in the air and changed into the same coin.

I drew my knees up to my chest and slowly inched my hand over to my pocket. Neither of my guards seemed to notice. Probably because they were engaged in a conversation that slowly seemed to be turning into a shouting match.

"Let me deal with her! This is our camp! Greek, not Roman!" She spat the word with such distaste that I could practically feel the venom in her voice.

"Well excuse me for trying to help you!" Blondie said angrily, gripping his golden coin even tighter in his hand.

"You heard me, I don't want your help," Snarled the girl, stomping her foot on the ground.

I figured I could have stood up and danced for all they cared. But I decided that instead of dancing, I should probably fight. I slowly put Arch behind my back and pulled off it's cap. There was the faint noise of a sword being unsheathed, and then I was holding my celestial bronze sword in my hand. Neither of my guards had noticed. They were still screaming at eachother.

I quietly rose to my feet, put my quiver and bow back around my torso, and snuck over to the guards. Soon, I was right behind Blondie and, amazingly, neither of them seemed to have seen me. I smashed my sword hilt down on Blondie's head again, and he crumpled to the floor in front of me. I figured he should probably get a helmet.

The girl looked up, her spear gripped in her hand. She leapt right into action, running the short space over to me. I guessed that she was 'dealing with me', not defending Blondie.

Anyways, she ran at me, then jumped, her spear held in both hands and aimed right at my chest. I deflected her hit with the middle of my blade, then swung my sword back around to knock against her head. The girl, however, was ready, and she clashed her spear against my sword. The impact was forceful, causing me to stumble back a bit. I regained my balance and struck again. The girl flipped her spear in the air and it flew over her head, landing perfectly in a sheath starpped on her back. Without hesitation, the girl then punched me hard in the gut, just like I had done to her.

I doubled over in pain, giving the girl the perfect opporunity to grab me in a tight headlock. She did so with one hand, and pinned my arms to my sides with the other. I was strong, but this girl was just plain big. I had no chance against her. She was probably an Ares kid, by the looks of it.

The girl let out a loud holler that would certainly carry up the stairs, probably calling for someone else, and within a minute, there were footsteps coming down the staircase. I tried to twist around to get a better view, but this girl wouldn't take any of that. She wrapped her arm around my neck so tightly that I couldn't breath.

I thought I could hear six or seven pairs of footsteps approaching, but I couldn't be sure.

My face started to turn purple.