Chapter 12

[Isabelle POV]

"Jack?" I said quietly. His shoulders tensed immediately.

Something was off.

"Jack?" I repeated and reached out to touch his back carefully. He was so tensed up yet I felt him relax under my touch.

He sighed.

"Talk to me." My hand still on his back.

Jack shook his head. "Izzy, I don't know what to do."

"Something going on? You know you can always talk to me." I said softly and I meant it all. I would never let him go in that way.

"I mean between us. I mean with you and I."

"I thought we're friends again."

Jack groaned. "I can't be just that with you. Ever."

I was at a loss for words. I moved my hand off him and looked down, not sure what to make of this. I mean what did he mean? Did Jack want to start trying again?

In all the thoughts, Jack had turned around and faced me, his broad shoulders in front of me. I was afraid to look him in the eye.

"Izzy?" His fingers touches my chin, he lifted my face to his.

"Yes Jack?" I fluttered my eyes innocently, the way he liked it.

Jack bit his lip. "I'm not sure what we've been doing this past few days but..."

"It's been good to be around you, with no fighting and arguing. It's so good." I closed my eyes.

Jack frowned. "I'm always here for you, it don't matter if we fight or whatever."

His hands cupped my cheeks, and in that moment I crumbled - tears rolled down my face. Jack frowned.

"Hey Hey Izzy." He cooed, his thumb caressing my cheeks. "Why are you crying?"

Before I responded, he pulled me into his arms and held me. I hung onto Jack and let the tears roll.

I hadn't realized how much I had been holding in because I had a mini me watching me. Every bottled up emotion came rushing to the surface, I couldn't fight it with Jack.

"It's okay." He ran his hand through my hair slowly. "Everything's going to be okay. We gonna get through this."

We.

I looked up. Jack wiped the tears off my cheeks with his thumb, my eyes were closed.

"Izzy." He said. "Talk to me."

"I just felt so alone. For years. How do you just find someone and live easily Jack? I've been doing this for years and I'm not okay..."

Jack pulled me against him. "That's just it. I'm not fucking okay with you either, Iz. I can't do this I can't be with someone else."

Every wall I built to keep Gilinsky out came crashing down with tears flooding my eyes as his strong arms enveloped me, they tightened around me making me feel safe and warm. I was buried against him and I loved it.

He felt like my home.

"You're the only woman I could ever love. The only woman I want to love my whole life."

I sniffed and pulled away slightly to look at Jack.

"You're all I ever wanted through this whole situation." I looked at him, his thumb wiping away tears. "From the start and you know this."

"Can I tell you a secret?"

I nodded, as his thumb stroked my cheek.

"I want you. I need you. I crave you."

My brows raised at his words. Gilinsky gazed at me with a stare so intense, I bit my lip. I shivered.

His hand cupped the back of my neck, gently but possessive. Like he used to do when we dated.

"I look at you." Gilinsky continues and pulled me closer. "And I see my entire lifeline."

"I look at you." I whispered. "And I see the love of my life."

It was Jacks turn to be surprised.

I stood on my top toes and let my hands wander up to his cheeks, cupping them.

"You give me so much hope. I shouldn't have after everything but...if you knew my heart." I spoke truthfully for once instead of hiding my feelings. I was so tired of pretending. "I want you."

"Let me just..." Gilinsky mumbled but never finished his sentence as his lips pressed against mine.

And I couldn't explain - everything melted around us and a fire blazed between our bodies. I pulled him closer as he pulled me against him, we kissed each other with a desire I've never experienced.

Everything flowed.

Jacks hands gripped my body firmly, sure that he was pressing his against mine. His bulge rubbed between my legs and I moaned on his mouth - Jack pulled my hair letting me know he acknowledged that.

The kiss grew deeper, he had me propped me on the counter, my legs wrapped around Gilinsky completely.

His finger roamed my thighs. He gripped them gently and grazed my underwear.

And then suddenly - Jack stopped.

He pulled away instantly as it I caught fire and burned him. His face was twisted with horror - and what I hope was shock and not the kiss.

It kind of stung. I blushed, feeling my pulse quicken with anxiety.

"I'm sorry." I covered my lips, suddenly wanting to run away.

Jack frowned. "Oh god, no Izzy. Don't be sorry. That was...that was so fucking good. That was..."

He looked puzzled.

"I should leave." He looked at me, lacing his hand in mine that had covered my mouth. He pulled my hand close to his heart.

"You can stay." I said painfully. "Jack, you can stay."

"You'd let me?" He asked, smiling a little.

I nodded.

Jack pulled me into his arms.

"I love you so much Isabelle." His voice broken. "You couldn't understand how much I love you."

"Believe me I do." I inhaled his familiar scent. "I love you endlessly."

I felt Jack relax against me. And we stayed that way, holding each other and savoring the moment we just had. We both knew of the people we were involved with - it was wrong to be this way, to kiss and hold each other.

But he's mine. I'm his.

_________
I was feeling pretty sappy lately even though nobody loves me lol.