Chapter 11

[Isabelle POV]

I had woken up before he had.

He, being my ex husband, Jack Gilinsky who I was curled up against.

I slowly slipped out from his arms and sat on my bed, my back to Jack. I tried to exhale but I felt awful, not just because he was in bed with me but because last night came rushing back.

From hanging with Sammy, to playing truth or dare, to kissing Bazzi and Jack coming to take me home. I remember that much and felt horrified with myself. Is this how a mother behaves?

I couldn't remember how Jack had gotten in my bed but I made sure there were no open condoms or evidence that we did more than just sleeping...

I would have remembered if Jack and I had did anything. I could never forget all our times together - the drunk and sober nights.

The most memorable night was Maggie's 21st birthday. Jack and I had gotten into an argument over how he hadn't helped with Alina all week. We were so angry and snappy at each other the whole night.

Once we got home, I had put baby Alina to bed and when I was down stairs again - Jack had pulled out a bottle of wine, had some slow music going, the lights dimmed.

"I am such an idiot." He said, pulling me against him. "I have the most amazing woman in the world and I only think of myself."

I looked away.

"Izzy." Jack rested his hand on my chin and made me look at him. Shivers ran down my spin.

"What?"

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He had repeated, tears welling in his eyes.

My heart broke.

I reached up and ran my hand through his hand. "Shhh. Breathe." I kissed his cheek gently.

"Let me just..." Jack pulled me hard against him and kissed me intently. I wasn't expecting the urgency in his kiss.

But I returned it. I kissed him until I couldn't breathe - his hands in my hair as he pulled us down onto the couch.

Jack started lifting my shirt up.

I held his hand. "Jack, Alina is upstairs?"

He chuckled. "I love her but she can't even walk."

I raised a brow. "You're so..."

"Crazy about you." Jack murmured against my neck making my skin crawl.

I can still remember how gentle but rough he was. I remember how he had dug his nails into my hips, pulling me down onto him - my body shaking.

Our bodies melting into each other as Jack groaned and buried himself inside of me.

I shivered at the thought and couldn't stand to be in the same room and Jack right now. I pulled my shirt over my thighs and hurried out of the bedroom.

I made my way to the kitchen, ready to make breakfast - partly because I was starving and because I figured Jack needed something nice after last night.

Whatever the reason, I was glad to put some distance between us.

-

An hour later, I had flipped the last pancake onto a stack on the counter.

I hadn't gone too out because I was a little exhausted. Pancakes, bacon for Jack (hash browns for me), syrup and blueberries. I also had the coffee going.

"And here I thought you wouldn't be able to walk this morning." A deep voice made me turn around.

"Oh hi." I said awkwardly.