Chapter 7

I usually update on Fridays, but I'm making this exception because I've got to study hardcore this weekend. I also feel like adding a rant book on my personal life - like a diary on here spilling all my drama and tea. Anyone keen?

Also I am so delayed but here is the MC, Isabelle. I wanted someone with a more tanned skin but this was closest to image wise. Hope you guys can work with it :))

 Hope you guys can work with it :))

Get ready for a sappy chapter!

xoxo

___________________________________________________

[Jack POV]

I had thought over a lot about what Johnson had said about my situation with Isabelle.

I was being stupid about it. I knew in my heart that Sammy just wasn't right for Isabelle - they couldn't and shouldn't be together at all. I know it sounds selfish but...

I had to grow up about this. The truth is that I have someone else, who people don't like as much as they did Izzy - but that wasn't the point. I was in a good space - you could say.

How could I even keep that away from Isabelle?

It ate me up inside to know that she's moved on for good this time. But at some point I have to realize and accept what's happened. A part of me always assumed we would sort our crap out but that wasn't going to happen and the only way to move forward is to accept.

"I can't believe it's Sunday." Alina sighed. "Tomorrow's school again."

I looked at her sprawled on the couch, flipping through a book. She was a smart girl for her age and always surprised me with facts and random Did You Knows.

"How come you're so negative about school honey?" I asked. "You used to love it."

It was 5 pm and almost time for me to take Alina to Isabelle. It has been a fun weekend, we had spent time at the movies, played ball in the park and made pancakes this morning.

Our Sunday involves going to Church with the family and having lunch with Alina's aunts.

Alina shrugged. "Everyone makes fun of me, Dad."

I sat up. "What do you mean? Are they hurting you?"

"They say mean things and make fun of me because I read too much or answer questions in class." Alina said with a sigh. I heard the heaviness in her heart project in her voice.

I stood up and went over to her and kneeled down on the carpet in front of her. "Look at me, Lina."

She rolled her eyes, so much like her mothers was always a reminder of what good had come out of our relationship.

"You're so perfect." I said. "When I first saw you kid, I knew immediately you'd grow to be super smart and funny and cool and beautiful. I knew right away you'd make an impact on everyone you meet."